Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been meaning to post here about it for awhile...Awesome product. Gets rid of that ugly black resonator box on top on the throttle body for us N/A guys...Kit comes with an o-ring that forms a tight fit with the throttle body and takes about two minutes to install...I'll post pics soon...I have noticed quicker pickup reaction, and a throatier sound from the engine at around 3200 RPM or so...Definitely a must-buy for us N/A guys when it comes to performance. Check it out at http://www.genuinesaab.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ram23na Anyone else buy this and have some comments to share?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i've been tempting to buy this, but i'd had ideas on how to do it myself, make my own, cause money is kinda tight with me, and 125 is a lot for just that little section when ebay has so much

~justin

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the pics! Amazing change for you N/A car!

Now to just make it look nicer around the intake manifold...

And for those of you that are not familiar with the N/A cars, here is the before picture:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Any hp increase do you think. Have you noticed better acceleration at lower or higher rpm's?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
It definately looks good. I bet you like the increased engine noise 8)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I love the increased engine noise!! :D

And here are some answers to people asking me about it:

Yes this system increases performance! Or I wouldn't have purchased it...As soon as you step on the gas you can hear and feel a difference. Like mentioned on the review of this part above, it has quicker pickup...And then once you get to 3500 RPMs it gets at its loudest point. And I have an aftermarket muffler so it sounds perfect coming out the rear...Now all I have to do is get a high flow cat.

The clear tube is called poly-carbonate and I didn't even have to pay for it. I went to a web site and requested a free sample at the length I needed, and they shipped it to me for free. Sorry though I can't remember the web site!! Search around on google for polycarbonate tubing...I bought the viggen decal on ebay, and just stuck in on there myself. And engine heat is not a big of deal as many people believe according to Nick at Taliaferro. So don't worry so much about how far away to get it from the engine, just worry about how much air is coming in...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts