Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I read and search for days (which I already partly did) , I thought I ask you guys:

-Traction controll possible with Trionic ?
-possible to limit torque in 1st and 2nd gear ?
-maximum possible boost ?
-fully sequential or do two injectors always fire at the same time ?
-Knock will be detected with the DI-Casette itself ? (no APC needed anymore ?)
-what advantages does the Ion sensing give me in terms of mapping the advance and injections 'maps' ?
-Is there some sort of 'autotuning' ?
-How hard is it to get a nicly idling car. (with a/c on and off).
-I heard the loom is a bit short in a C900 ?
-advantages/disadvantagers/limitations over Megasquirt2 (currently installed)

I apprechiate any info

·
Registered
163 Posts
Traction controll possible with Trionic - Yes
possible to limit torque in 1st and 2nd gear - Yes
maximum possible boost - Yes
fully sequential - Yes
Knock will be detected with the DI-Casette itself ? (no APC needed anymore ?) - Yes
what advantages does the Ion sensing give me in terms of mapping the advance and injections 'maps' - None it's for Knock Control and engine position sensing
Is there some sort of 'autotuning' - Yes with T5 Suite
How hard is it to get a nicly idling car. (with a/c on and off) - Easy Saab did it!
I heard the loom is a bit short in a C900 - depends where you fit the ECU/ECM
advantages/disadvantagers/limitations over Megasquirt2 (currently installed) -Everything is in one box – Fuel/Spark/Boost, cheap, no support

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Awesome. Thanks.

But what is the maximum boost that Trionic can controll ?
And where did you guys put the ecu ? Pictures ?
How does the traction controll work in a C900 ? I mean how does the ecu know that the wheels are slipping ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Awesome. Thanks.

But what is the maximum boost that Trionic can controll ?
And where did you guys put the ecu ? Pictures ?
How does the traction controll work in a C900 ? I mean how does the ecu know that the wheels are slipping ?
But what is the maximum boost that Trionic can controll ? - You can run whatever you want you just need to change map sensor, T5 Suite has support for 4 Bar map sensor so about 3.0 Bar Boost :shock:

And where did you guys put the ecu ? - Mine is in stock Lucas position just had to lengthen the wires.

How does the traction controll work in a C900 ? - I mean how does the ecu know that the wheels are slipping ? Don't think it's been done on a c900 it was crap when saab used it so doubt anyone would want it, but to answer the question, I think it uses the difference between front and rear ABS sig to know if wheel is spinning, it also uses electronic throttle body which is unreliable and so undesirable.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
If you want to put the ecu in the stock location and run the wiring through the stock location, the T5 harness, at least on 9k's will be 4-6" short. I added 6" to my harness just to play it safe.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
the NG harness is a hair longer, and way nicer to work with.

T5 idles great right out the box, not tuning required to make it idle like a champ.

autotuning is great, but once you get handy with it you can tune it manually quicker than the autotune function. and you still need to have roadtuning figured out to autotune.

i mounted my ECU under the hood, wich required no changing in wiring length

mike

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you are looking for the parts I can defiantly hook you up. I have a few NG900 harness and a 9000 harness both ready to go with all the sensors and have the Crank Wheel and Sensor mounts too. PM me with your car info or email me at [email protected] and we can figure something out.

·
Registered
914 Posts
On other quick question,is there any way to run T5 WITH A/C on a classic? or do you have to just give it up and if so can I take the compressor out?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
yes, a few people on here have made the CPS into the back of the flywheel. alowing the AC to be kept.

id you dont want to do this, than the AC must be removed in which case you can take it all out

at this point in time it is probably good to start reading though some post/build threads, many of you questions can be answered there

mike

·
Registered
914 Posts
I was really hopin you wouldnt answer cause I already asked you and kinda felt like a dick askin again.. thanks though dude!

·
Registered
163 Posts
On other quick question,is there any way to run T5 WITH A/C on a classic? or do you have to just give it up and if so can I take the compressor out?
9000 2.3 Flywheel lightened and balanced with 2.3 clutch.

2.3 240mm Turbo Clutch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts