Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just wondering if it would be possible to swap a B235E engine into my ng900 keeping my T5 set up... I ran across a brand new saab B235E engine for a little of nothing, My engine in the car is making a horrible noise coming from my timing chain. I checked the tensioner and yup its smoked... since I have to pretty much pull the engine to fix, why not throw a new engine in it? (I know I know, Im swatting at a fly with a sledgehammer, but hey I have the money and time to do it and I think it would be pretty damn cool) I know the 235's have problems with sludging but I am not worried about that because I am pretty anal about oil changes... from what I can tell, the engines are pretty much the same with diffrent electronics and longer stroke... would this be a good idea, and how much of a PITA would it be to get it running right with a T5 ecu.. any feed back would be nice.

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
not a direct swap
you need to strip the b235 down to a long block
then bolt everything from the t5 engine to it
and again not everything will directly swap over (but pretty close)

after you finally get everything in you will need to tune for the displacement difference

·
Registered
349 Posts
not a direct swap
you need to strip the b235 down to a long block
then bolt everything from the t5 engine to it
and again not everything will directly swap over (but pretty close)

after you finally get everything in you will need to tune for the displacement difference
What he said!

Intake manifolds will bolt up, but t5 manifold on a t7 head has improper injector angle... Also t7 amenities and throttle body bolt up differently... You would essentially need to take the runners off the t7 manifold and weld them to the t5 plenum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts