Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm wondering something cause I haven't had to do anything to my car in the last month and a half.
If you guys have seen my threads, you know I've had quite a bit of trouble this year which eventually led to me going through 3 turbos and a used motor. :rolleyes:
At the beginning I thought I just burnt out a t25 so I had it rebuilt into a t25/t28 hybrid which gave me the addiction of extra power. It died do to lack of oil pressure but I took the turbo off and apart before it got too bad. I ended up buying another stock t25 and that's what's on it now and doing fine.
I now have a good hybrid shaft just sitting there teasing me along with the compressor housing. I noticed on ebay that a store is selling just the upgraded compressor wheel and housing which makes me wonder if I can just slide my upgrade into my working CHRA and be good.... I'm aware if I do this, I would most likely want to get a rebuild kit to be safe but.... ;)
What do you guys think? I'm not familiar with rebuilding a turbo but it doesn't seem that hard by what I've read.
Can I really just slide the other shaft in or must I take everything apart? What about the balancing? Let me know if you've got some experience or ideas for me. Thanks all and Happy New Year!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chad, I was hoping you'd reply. :)
Are you back in PA, I thought you were in FL for a little while for some reason...?
Would I need to take it all apart and rebuild to do this? If not, how much ould someone usually charge just to balance it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts