Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Blew up my turbo, Should I have it rebuilt or should I have it made into t25/t28 hybrid?
Cost wise, I can get it rebuilt for $375, hybrid done to it for $450, or rebuild myself for cost of the rebuild kit $80ish.
What would you do and why?

Oh yeah, car is a 97 9k cse all stock for now. hopefully by the end of the year, I'll have a 3" turbo back and an ECU tune.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
well if you upgrade you have to factor in a stronger clutch, injectors, fuel pump ect ect

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car is an auto, at least until it blows up... hehe.
Is all that nessecary when I first install the turbo or can it wait til later when I have the $?
I'm not looking for crazy HP right now, it is my daily driver so it's not needed at the moment. I would just like a bit more power and response, and I was thinking for $75 more for the hybrid, especially since it would bolt right up with no other mods, just sounded nice. :)
If I have to do injectors, fuel pump and the like for it to work, then it won't be worth it right now.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
if you have an auto Id just stick with an new/oem rebuild because the autos are even worse than the 5spds at holding power and thats saying something

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
the T25 is much easier to find for your application. Yet if your going to want more power get a TD-04 and an exhaust. watch out for your automatic tranny

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Td04 is what I was originally thinking but I've heard that it can turn a bit pricey for conversion. The other thing was that I need my tranny to last at least 6 months.
So then I started thinking about a rebuild and then found out about the hybrid t25/t28 that should bolt up with no mods... is there downsides to the hybrid?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.