Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just got back my stage 3 tune and I just installed a glowshift boost gauge. This thing reads 25psi when I floor it; it stays there for 2 seconds and then holds at 20 psi. I'm not getting fuel cut-off, does this seem normal. I heard 18psi is normal for stage 3 but 25psi sounds way too much. Is there something wrong with the gauge?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
with the BPC unplugged you will hardly see 25psi.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tune can set it at 25psi? Wow didn't know that. When I talked my guy, he said he tuned it to 18psi max, thats why I'm a little worried. Can the BPC valve be messed up? I know when they start to go you loose PSI not gain it. I didn't touch the turbo at all, only upgraded intercooler and DP pipe and full exhaust. I kind of like it pushing 25psi but I know I'm going to be breaking seals if this keeps up.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
you can set the tune to whatever the hell you want.

saying he set it to "18" doesnt mean to much if he doesnt control all the other parameters correctly to control a spike.

a bpc can die in either direction, not just no boost.

you could have a dead bpc allowing boost to fuel cut, but it appears the fuel cut has either been removed or raised very high.

·
Registered
121 Posts
my stage 4 spike to 28 psi then settled to 20-23, but after ecu adaptation it sipkes max 25psi and stays at 23ish. with a bad head gasket cant wait to get it back from the shop sat sooo excited my temp car is a 96 900 S nice but thers a huge black void in the instrament cluster. i miss my turbo:(

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree...I have a Stg 4 JZW...GlowShift spike 25psi...settles 20ps...of course after 70mph (On a closed course) boost begins to build again...not sure if that has anything to do with T5 cams.

my stage 4 spike to 28 psi then settled to 20-23, but after ecu adaptation it sipkes max 25psi and stays at 23ish. with a bad head gasket cant wait to get it back from the shop sat sooo excited my temp car is a 96 900 S nice but thers a huge black void in the instrament cluster. i miss my turbo:(

·
Registered
74 Posts
I decided to keep it. I put a quiet final muffler stepped down to 2.5" on the end and put stock springs (koni struts still on). I don't really feel a performance hit on the 2.5" muffler (the rest is 3"). the stock springs do feel worse on body roll but no more bottoming out on brooklyn roads.

btw...can we change our screen name on this site? (mine says stg3vert...like it to say stg4)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts