Saab Link Forums banner

t shirts

3K views 94 replies 19 participants last post by  abdukted1456 
#1 ·
I am just feeling around for interest at this point, would anyone be interested in t shirts like this, real silkscreen print, not-iron on style...these do not fade after 4 washes.

Please do not copy or steal this idea/design in any way, shape or form.... this is my original artwork and if there is no interest here I may be selling them on my website or elsewhere when I finally get around to finshing my site and putting it up.

I just thought if there is enough interest we could add saablink.net to the back or sleeve and make it a fundraising item for the site, and I would allow it to be used/sold exclusively here.

#3 ·
PaulH said:
i like it 8) .

BTW, what font is that? looks just like the saab logo font.

Paul
it is not a font, it was done by hand... i actually had to create those letters by hand to make it look like the old school Saab font. :!: It was a lot of work to get it just right. And the "G" and question mark I had to guess how they would look cause I didn't have anything to go by for a reference... :)

#5 ·
if enough people seriusly are interested I will get a price quote. Price depends on quantity, and if there is a second "saablink" print elsewhere on the shirt (back or sleeve)

There is usually a minimum order of 12-20 depending on what shop you go to.

#6 ·
abdukted1456 said:
it is not a font, it was done by hand... i actually had to create those letters by hand to make it look like the old school Saab font. :!: It was a lot of work to get it just right. And the "G" and question mark I had to guess how they would look cause I didn't have anything to go by for a reference... :)
:shock: well im impressed then. good damn job :lol: .

Paul

#8 ·
too bad my other idea for shirts would cost extra for 2 color print, or to make it really nice, 3 or 4 color....

those would need to be made in a bigger batch to make the price really nice and still make profit for saablink.... UNLESS we could get a sponsor that could also have their name on the back, along with Saablink.net.... that would help lower some cost of the extra color screens, and it would be advertising for them.

I personally think this one is even more immediately identifiable as Saab-related..... the 4 color version is just plain stoopid-fresh :twisted: , especially on black, but the extra colors would cost!

#9 ·
I would seriosuly buy either of those... the second one is awesome but also probably more expensive. You have my vote for either.

#10 ·
i have a friend who does t-shirt designs, he's got all the stuff to do it....according to him heat transfer is far better than silk-screen, i'm inclined to agree after seeing a comparison of 2 shirts a silk-screen and a heat transfer...after 50 washes

the silk-screen was deteriorating and the heat transfer looked brand new

i can ask about the cost of t-shirts.....if we buy our own shirts and bring them to him it would probably be cheaper than having him buy the shirts

#11 ·
saabvos said:
i have a friend who does t-shirt designs, he's got all the stuff to do it....according to him heat transfer is far better than silk-screen...
does he have equipment to do silkscreening?

if silkscreening is done right it is very durable, and when it does begin to crack/wear I feel it looks better than heat transfer that is peeling off or faded. it looks "vintage". i have several t shirts I had silkscreened that have been washed over 50 times and still look great.

you can't really heat transfer white as far as I know of, that was my main reason for suggesting this, and also I know if you go through a silkscreen shop the tshirts can be as cheap as 6 dollars each, printed, screen fees and all.... (they get shirts for like 3 bucks each)

does your friend own a shop or just do it on the side? maybe you can find out some more info, what types of prices does he offer?

#14 ·
rcmdesign said:
Damnit what about for us N/A guys!! :( I can't wear that around, it's like being a poser lol....
Sorry, Rob. you just ARE a poser. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

No sir, just busting your chops. :wink: I figured you or Justin would say something. I could not think of anything to represent the N/A thing, i wanted to stay away from using the painfully obvious, like a picture of a Saab, or the griffin, or a Saab wing/grill or something... did you have any ideas on a N/A shirt? unfortunately, I think you are in the minority and there may not be enough interest in N/A shirts..... Kind of like how you and I are in the minority with auto trannies... :lol: :lol:

How about a sport mode shirt? :lol: :lol: :lol: it can have apicture of the shifter and say "S" is for "silly fast"

#17 ·
Saabvos,

Im still in the process of looking for a company to make shirts for the site as well. I'd like if he can give some quotes. Basically black shirt silver font across the front. Then silver font across the back with 3 or 4 colors for site sponser logos.

#20 ·
whoops! :oops: Sorry, Blaque_out, didn't realize you were already doing shirts. Didn't mean to step on your toes.

I will hold onto my designs for something else....

sounds like you already have something lined up with sponsors, i didn't realize something was already in progress.

#22 ·
abdukted1456 said:
whoops! :oops: Sorry, Blaque_out, didn't realize you were already doing shirts. Didn't mean to step on your toes.

I will hold onto my designs for something else....

sounds like you already have something lined up with sponsors, i didn't realize something was already in progress.
Oh no your stepping on anyone's toes. Feel free to sell your own style of shirt. I was just talking about shirts for TSL. No biggie.

#25 ·
saabvos said:
sounds good.....i'll check with my guy and see if he can do any better, as for silk screen vs heat transfer i'll just say this, i've got a t-shirt from my guy that he gave me 3 years ago and there's no cracking or peeling yet
I have shirts from 7 years ago silk screened, still looking fresh. but I think generally people would be more satisfied with the look and feel of real ink on a shirt rather than a printed film. But as far as which is better quality/durability wise, i think basically:

SILK SCREEN SHOP wants to sell SILK screen shirts, so they downplay heat transfer. :wink:

HEAT TRANSFER GUY wants to sell heat transfer shirts, so he downplays silk screen. :wink:

but i tend to think if heat transfer was vastly superior than the big companies like Abercrombie, American Eagle, Polo, Tommy hilfiger, Nike, Adidas, etc would use it, but they almost always silkscreen. Also that is generally how sports apparel and also team uniforms/jackets are numbered, by silkscreen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.