Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that im that informative about it, but just givin everyone a heads up that its soon to be arriving. Heres a website with more information for those interested....

www.swedishcarday.com

Hope to see all you guys up here!

·
Registered
363 Posts
geeezzzz lots of meet over the past/next month

NYSOC-ASR meet
saabtoberfest
sweedish car day
then my meet (most likely, not official)

Don't think i'll get to this meet either, school is proving to be more work this year. I have to narrow it down to saabtoberfest and and my meet.

Ian

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
This is a pretty cool event, mostly tailored for the old-school Saabs but there are probably going to be some exotic 900s. Jeff Propolski usually brings his crazy 900 Viggen (an SPG with a tuned Viggen engine)....

There are usually some NH guys with SQR-tuned 9K Aeros, and a ton of sweet C900s. The Boston/Cambridge area has traditionally had the most Saabs per capita in the US, so Swedish car fans are everywhere...

I'm hoping to go, but I might have other plans: my wife's due date is the 19th!

·
10,303 Posts
Actually mike, its not a Viggen engine at all, just the cam cover..The EuroTuner article was wrong in that respect.

I would love to go, but I'm working that weekend.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
Actually mike, its not a Viggen engine at all, just the cam cover..The EuroTuner article was wrong in that respect.

I would love to go, but I'm working that weekend.
Only the cam cover? That sucks!!!! I thought he actually more than put dress-up parts on the engine, although he supposedly made some serious mods. I guess I should have heeded the advice, "All that glitters is not gold..."

Sorry you're not going to be able to make it. Would like to finally meet you...

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
well its not like he just slapped the viggen valve cover on a stock motor and called it a day, he has some serious mods, including standalone EMS. It just isnt a viggen motor, cause thats just not possible with a c900 because the crankshaft would hit the tranny case (or so i hear).

Still an awesome car btw.

Paul

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll def be there...hopefully the car will be ready by then

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
hey,
jess, if you need a passenger for the scavenger hunt (because it says you need one), you know where i am.

i don't know if i'll be doing those, i really really want to, but my car is a toilet, it's all dirty, and a headlight aims down, it looks stupid, and i'm like the only person on here that doesn't have a turbo, other than rob.

if i do end up going home that weekend, i will be doing both of those, i wont be showing my car however.

~justin

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
wait - I need a "co-driver" for this??

Also - who in the area would have a place for me to crash maybe the night before? I would like to get there Sat. night and be there early for the following morning (The event). Anyone got a room/driveway space? Send me a message if you think you can host me for the night - I don't even eat much (if at all) NOt sure if DeLorean is coming or not to this - but if he does, then there'd be a need to 2 sleeping quarters. Thanks

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
hey jeff, if you don't mind sleeping on a hard floor, you can sleep in my dorm room, my room mate wont mind, and he goes home most weekends anyway, i'll just tell him i have a girl staying the night and he'll leave, lol

as for parking your car, this is boston, overnight parking isn't permited in our lot, and i'm not sure where in boston you can park your car, there are parking garages but if $$ is an issue, i wouldn't recomend it, might run 20 bucks or so.

if jess gets this message, maybe she can suggest where there are places in boston where you can park your car for the night, because she's lived here a lot longer than i have.

~justin

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Justin u may be able to ask your school for one overnight pass...sometimes they'll let you. as for other places to park overnight in the area hmmmm all i could say would be alweife station in cambridge but then you'd have to take the T back into boston...could be a tricky ride and time consuming.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
kewl kewl - yeah - i can do the sleeping pad and bag thing np - just as long as you got heat in that dorm, and there are some non-males walking around. And Justin - don't even dare say "you have a g/f" coming over - I'll kick your ass lol :lol: Or mess with you again online! :p 8)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
LOL don't you even dare pull another april fools on me again, dude funny as it was, i was still upset (i say do it to chip....)

yeah, i checked with my school jess after talking with you today, and i can get over night passes

oh, and about non-males walking around, well, this school is only 20% females, yeah, it's a sausage factory, i know.
but if you go over to jess' college, like two blocks away, it's the exact opposite, 20% males and 80% females :D i know, i picked the wrong school :cry:
as for my dorm building, it's five floors, half of the 2nd and 4th floors are females, the other half of those floors, males, and 1st 3rd and 5th all males, and i'm on the third

oh, you want heat, i'll just shut the window.... they haven't turned the heat on, i don't think yet, there are little heaters in each room that we can control, but we think ours is broken. it gets warm in here though.

if you do stay up here, i only ask that i get to go with you on sunday to the saab thingy

~justin

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seriously guys....u want some fun def stay with Justin lol cuz its one of the funest areas in Boston...esp since the Sox are in town on fri and sat :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
sox have been sold out for a long time, and with at least 100 bucks a ticket for general admission, i'm pretty sure most people would say f that.

this is a fun area, i still haven't found the fun cause i don't drink, smoke, or party hard, but there are tons of parties i've found, and it's boston, i mean, come on, there must be something here.

~justin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts