Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know theres a diffrence from 900 to 9-3 but what is involved in swapping a 900 year '95 three spoke steering with with a '98 4 spoke steering wheel?

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Yeah, 98 is the same as the 9-3s.

You can use a 9000 4-spoke wheel and airbag or you can just swap the top half of the steering column and use the newer style wheels. Its a pretty easy job...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so if i go ravage threw a pick n pull and astonishingly find a 9000 with a 4 spoke steering wheel its a direct swap on a '95 900se ?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yeah, 98 is the same as the 9-3s.

You can use a 9000 4-spoke wheel and airbag or you can just swap the top half of the steering column and use the newer style wheels. Its a pretty easy job...
ok to further complicate this can you use a 98-03 top half on a 9000?

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Yes, the 9000 4-spoke wheel is a direct fit in a 94-97 ng900. You'll need the 9000 airbag too.

Re-swapping the column in a 9000...afaik I don't think they're interchangeable.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Wanna sell it for cheap ;) :)
Actually, no. :p

Kidding. Send me a PM - I have to get a shipping quote for something else, so I'll get one for you too. Based on what the shipping costs will be, we'll work something out so that you get a steering wheel for cheap. If you even want, I've got some leather dye that I could use to bring the wheel back to pristine shape - if you're interested, I could do that before sending it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
im going through and im gonna bring back every thread untill i find my answer..
i want to put a quick release wheel in my car. its a 94 900se. im coming to find that steering columns changed in the middle somehwere. i have a 96 parts car and those wheels are interchangeable. i have the 96 3 spoke wheel in my 94 now. from what im finding people say that 94-97 have the same column then it changed to a slightly thicker spline from 98 up.

WHAT IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT...
does anyone know what the diameter of the steering wheel shaft is for my year. i have figured out the spline count obviously by counting the teeth its 36. i just need to kno the shaft diameter in MM.
if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
i want to put a quick release wheel in my car. its a 94 900se. im coming to find that steering columns changed in the middle somehwere. i have a 96 parts car and those wheels are interchangeable. i have the 96 3 spoke wheel in my 94 now. from what im finding people say that 94-97 have the same column then it changed to a slightly thicker spline from 98 up.

does anyone know what the diameter of the steering wheel shaft is for my year. i have figured out the spline count obviously by counting the teeth its 36. i just need to kno the shaft diameter in MM.
You're asking someone to take their steering wheel off, detach the clock spring, measure both ends of the shaft, then tell you what the number is?
Good luck with that.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts

Buy one of these and check. They are great to have around anyway.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You're asking someone to take their steering wheel off, detach the clock spring, measure both ends of the shaft, then tell you what the number is?
Good luck with that.
why would someone have to detach the clock spring.? just simply pulling the steering wheel and measuring wat is showing. all im asking is that with the steering wheel off if anyone happens to know that diameter of the end of the shaft where the steering wheel hub fits. i need to give nrg the measurement in MM and the spline count for them to determine which one of their hubs might fit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts