Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Like filled-my-garage-with-smoke-cloud-of-smoke. Anyone tell me why this may be?
is it constantly smoking or did it do it only when you first started it up?

if its just when you first started it up after the swap, you probably got oil or something in there thats just burning off, if its consistently smoking then turbo has gone bad and needs to be rebuilt thats just my .02 cents :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It smoked really bad the first time and then started smoking the two times after so I shut it off. This turbo was off of an 04 Aero with " 22k " miles on it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured it was shot. I bought this from an auto recycler. What do you think the chances are of me getting a replacement/refund?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A rebuild would be more than what I payed for the turbo. I've had it for a little over a month now. I feel they should hold some responsibility as they sold me a junk turbo.

·
Registered
Laser Red 2006 9-3 Aero SC
9,201 Posts
purchase.
Ditto on the purchase as the date on the invoice is the only verifiable document tying them to you.

Buy a rebuild kit and do it yourself. Not to hard. If you managed to swap the turbo your certainly capable of that. Just remember reverse thread on the compressor nut. Learned that one the hard way myself.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ditto on the purchase as the date on the invoice is the only verifiable document tying them to you.

Buy a rebuild kit and do it yourself. Not to hard. If you managed to swap the turbo your certainly capable of that. Just remember reverse thread on the compressor nut. Learned that one the hard way myself.
So I'm not the only one that has broke a turbine shaft before ;)

The recycler is trying to argue with me that it would throw blue smoke and not white smoke :rolleyes:

He is talking to a local dealer so we will see where this goes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.