Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something is definitely up with the front passenger tire.

When making tight left turns the car seems to fall over its self
At highway speeds I hear a hum from that area
When braking the car will follow all the cracks and depressions in the road
Low speed left turns produce a click.

Now Ive already replaced both ball joints and axles but I have a feeling the pass side one will need to be exchanged; I was thinking it was the wheel bearing but with the car jacked up I only get a slight amount of left/right play from the tie rod. Turning the wheel by hand I don't hear anything that would be related to the wheel bearing. So what else could it be? What are the symptoms of a bad strut mount? Its to the point where I don't want to drive the car until this is fixed :-?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rear control arm bush are crack but could those cause the syptoms when during tight turns?

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
The ones on the aero were dead and causing a popping/clicking noise under low speed tight turns.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im more worried about the falling over its self and humming side of things

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried them. I thought they sucked. Control arm had a good 3/8" play at the rear bushing. Ended up sending them back.
good info I got a set of good bushings when I bought the car and made them solid by using 3m window weld

·
Registered
385 Posts
OR, you may only Think that you've not screwed them up royally.
If it Ain't stock and near new (as in you personally recently replaced it) it's Suspect. Otherwise there wouldn't be worrying noises :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When replacing the hub do you have to unbolt the tie rod oe can you get around that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts