Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know, it's a d3000 I didn't touch the iso settings which i should have because once I figured it out it's currently set to the least sensitive to light setting, still learning to use the digital camera :) also, I plan to try shooting better quality as these are "jpeg normal" I wanna try "jpeg fine" and raw and see what that does for me.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
you should really just always shoot in raw, then convert them to whatever quality you want. i would stick with a normal iso, and play with other settings. i dont know what modes the 3000 has, does it have a "p" (program) mode?

ideally, something like a 50mm f/1.4 would do well with the low light.

·
Registered
836 Posts
the 1.4 is pricey for canon i know that u can get the 1.8 for a canon for 100 bucks. Everyone says its a good lens to have especially for that price u cant go wrong. I just haven't got around to getting it yet

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
unfortunately with the d3000 your limited on lenses, since it cant AF with all the nikkor AF lenses. otherwise you could get a 50mm for under 200 bucks.

were you shooting zoomed in or all the way out?

with your setup i would spend the money on photoshop, shoot in raw, and you can easily recover and sharpen them as needed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.