Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience or know anything about the Hankook Ventus v12 evo k110 tires? Getting some ideas on what to get for summer treads and these stood out as getting really good reviews and at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I've been using them. They seem to wear pretty well and don't get noisy as hell as the tread wears down. Handle reasonably well too.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Friend of mine put these on his 06 aero last spring. Ride nice, just looked at them (stored at my place) and there's minimal wear after 1 season. Reasonably priced too

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have run them fr a lot of years..I get 45000 miles of great driving out of them and buy another set..+1

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I started using Hankooks on my SAAB 900 about 5 years ago. Now they are on all my cars (except 1 that is still running Bridgestone G-Force Sports). Even my snows are Hankooks. Very good tire for the money.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I run V12 Ventus on my Stage 3 NG900. I really like them for their price. They can be a little noisey on some roads.

My fronts have lasted nearly 18 months and my rears will last for a long time yet :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I've been bragging about Hankooks for quite a few years. I've used them on both my car and my wifes. They are a VERY good all around tire. They have a very good wear usually about 40k before replacing and seem to be a fairly quiet tire. They are good in the wet also (not great) Winter driving on them sucks though. I feel you can't beat the price of them. SAAB tire program actually recomends them as an alternitive to the OEM tire.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Winter driving on them sucks though.
Perhaps on all-seasons, but the i-Pikes are an awesome winter tire. I couldn't slip with these things if I wanted to--and believe me I've tried. ;) Scooted right up the sheet of ice that we call a driveway the other day too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
decision made - the hankooks it is. as for winter, a set of steelies will have to replace the summer set.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Perhaps on all-seasons, but the i-Pikes are an awesome winter tire. I couldn't slip with these things if I wanted to--and believe me I've tried. ;) Scooted right up the sheet of ice that we call a driveway the other day too.

If you read the op he was asking about summer tires.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
If you read the op he was asking about summer tires.
Yeah, I got that, but I was just responding to your winter performance comment. I wouldn't drive any summer performance tire in the winter, not limited to just Hankooks--unless you're training for the bobsled. ;)

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
lol. yes, my dad's corvette is useless in the snow. 1" of compacted snow and it took 4 people pushing to get it to move.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Ventus V12s have a huge following and I see many good comments on them, however one complaint is that the sidewalls are pretty soft and give them a somewhat imprecise feeling at the limit. They are great for spirited street driving but are not good on the track.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I started using Hankooks on my SAAB 900 about 5 years ago. Now they are on all my cars (except 1 that is still running Bridgestone G-Force Sports). Even my snows are Hankooks. Very good tire for the money.
How do you like those g force sports? Im thinking about those for my car.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
They are sticky as anything and handle really well, but have a very short tread life. I replace a pair a year on my summer car. Fronts wear out and then I flop the rears to the front and put new on the rear annually.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Minus the miles from TX to PA, I was running a brand new set on my Viggen and got caught up in PA in some snow. They're not what you want to be running. They didn't throw the car into a ditch instantly or anything like that but felt more like a set of all seasons worn down into the wear bar area.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
A set annually? Ouch no thank you

1 - 20 of 33 Posts