Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my 2 10" Infinity Referance Subs (1025watt per) and box to DeLorean - and will have the money to buy a 12" Sub Dual Voice (I only want to deal with one - so might as well get a good one) any suggestions? What is a really good one that's both strong, lasting and reasonable price wise? Thanks. I like Infinity - and I've heard good and bad about all companies.... thanks! I'm seeking something like 300-500RMS power wise.

I found a Rockford 12" Sub T112D4 600W RMS dual voice 4 ohm for $170 plus $25 shipping - but not sure if that's what I want. And it's a lil pricy...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I always wondered why guys buy subwoofers for their cars. Why not spend the hard earned money on some engine upgrades...Or cosmetic upgrades, but subs :?: , punk ass kids roll around with those damn loud subs on...Do you want to be one of those :lol:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I have a JL audio 12 in my wagon. W6 i think.. It is older. Just Awesome. Pushing it with a sounstream refrence 300 bridged. :shock: I also put an 8 in the MG not bad either.

Planning on fitting 2 10s or 12s in the Viggen with custom rear 3door side panels. :D one of these years... Not time to listen to stereo now. All about driving it.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rcmdesign said:
I always wondered why guys buy subwoofers for their cars. Why not spend the hard earned money on some engine upgrades...Or cosmetic upgrades, but subs :?: , punk ass kids roll around with those damn loud subs on...Do you want to be one of those :lol:
This is for my 89 SPG project car - I have all the mechanical aspects all lined up for when i assemble and install the NEW motor and trans

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Are you trying to say something about a car with awesome stereo a loud exhaust, hooptie rear shocks and sad paint :D I have one of those. It is even Sh14 brown and i love it. Loud and fast! The viggen makes up for it though. 8)

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i have the old W6s too....you should look at the new JL w6 V2s they are nice...if you can get one for a good deal...

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am actually watching a few right now - they seem to be a lil higher priced then I wanted to spend on a single Su - BUT - there are a few auctions I've located in my range which look good. I may get JL

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
rcmdesign said:
I find this hilarious :twisted:

According this that I fitt the qualifications for a punk ass kid 8) The fun thing is I drive really slowly on the lean with 15% tinted windows cracked, and pound hard. I make old people hear when im coming...set off car alarms...and let people curse me out without me giving a damn.

Now when the subs are down, I still turns heads, and make little kids scream and jump whenever I shift thanks to my BOV. Local rice know not to mess with me, and i get respect from the Euros.

What more could I ask for :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Rockford subs are good..but they work best when you get two..

if you are getting one sub and want bang for your buck... JL or Audiobahn are your two best bets! :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have this unit. It has a flat sub on the back so you dont get any port noise. I have gone through a kicker comp 12, a cerwin vega 12, and now this and couldnt be happier. It doesnt take up any room either,

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
power acoustik mofo! awesome sub...soooo loud...kid showed up to our show with one 10 inch mofo in a good box and you couldnt walk near his car people were asking how many 12's he had pops the trunk and you see one 10! it was sick..im gettin one soon...needs a 1000 watt amp tho

1 - 12 of 12 Posts