Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
668 Posts
wow kevin i really really reallllllllll hate you!

will you do that to my car please?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surprised no one has asked yet, but the battery box on the left is actually a fake one. Well, it is just like the other except that there is no battery inside. However, there is the CD changer and some storage space. I did this because it balances the look giving it some symmetry.

Now with almost 3000 watts, it puts out a little sound.

Kevin

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Thats looks really good. You did a great job. I also like the twin boxes to make everything even.

Great work.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i like it a lot, the carpet doesn't really match up with the stock, but that could be the shadowing

i saw somewhere, where a guy had a pretty extreme set up, it was all fiber glass, with four 12 inch subs facing inward towards the center of the trunk, and an amp sticking up through the fiber glass like it broke through, and it looked cool, but in the middle of the trunk was one of his rims, spinning, it looked awesome, and i think a viggen rim would look cool doing that

~justin

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Justin - the problem with having Subs facing one another in the trunk is that they cross one another out and create a "dead sound" rather then a crisp hit. ERP had this problem and has since corrected it. He reversed the wires on one Sub and reloated it as far as I understood.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
yeah, but if you're going for show instead of sound quality...

~justin

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
saabguy said:
yeah, but if you're going for show instead of sound quality...

~justin
That's kinda silly - why spend all the money and make it look all nice - and then not have it optimized - just my $0.02 But Kevin has done an excellent job so far from the looks of things. I can't wait to see this Car at some Saab meet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
system

Tight system....suppose I'll have to be happy with my 2-12s downfiring. Looks plain-jane but sounds nice. Excellent work on the aesthetics of your system.

·
Registered
145 Posts
D4MN :lol: . Nice. 3000watts. Makes my 700wartts sound like a dog barking against yours :D.

I'll stick with my space saving 12" ^_^. There's a new law here in Akron - if a cop can hear any noise form a car more than 100ft away, they get to keep (STEAL) the part that makes the violating sound, and I'd hate to loose that much equipment :).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts