Saab Link banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to upgrade the headlights on my 2002 aero to a 25000k (dark purple/violet) bulb. The only problem is I know nothing about my headlights, and I cant seem to find another post that asks this question (because it is a stupid one lol) and my used car didnt come with an owners manual. I have the stock Bi-Xenons. Can I use these H7 bulbs or do i need different ones?

Xenon HID Replacement Bulb 4300K 6000K 80000K 10000K 12000K

If I am unable to use these, does anyone know where I can get bulbs that wiil work, or what size bulb I should be using? Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated -Noah

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
if you really wanna go with that color they are D1S bulbs if you have the factory bi xenons. I would high suggest a lower color temp, with such a retarded amount of color, you will be lowering your effective light output, and pissing people off at the same time. But thats where i'd start.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Please do not put violet/blue/purple/pink/anyothercolorthenwhiteandmaybeslightlyyellow bulbs in your headlights. There is really no reason to.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
^ x2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for you input everyone. I am beginning to think that my driver's side bulb is going out ( i has a pink-insh yellow coloration ) and i guess ill take the advice of everyone with whom I speak and add a more conservative (and functional) bulb like the ones listed here.

Xenon HID Headlights - D1S Bulbs & D1R Bulbs

If I get the urge for tuner-style again, I suppose I can always channel it into my other car and keep it off the saab. :)

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
i guess ill take the advice of everyone with whom I speak and add a more conservative (and functional) bulb like the ones listed here.
Well done.

Also, someone listened to sensible input?! :shock: ;-)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Yeah i'm impressed. Btw if you want a little color bump with decent light still, the 6k should do the trick pretty well,

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks for you input everyone. I am beginning to think that my driver's side bulb is going out ( i has a pink-insh yellow coloration ) and i guess ill take the advice of everyone with whom I speak and add a more conservative (and functional) bulb like the ones listed here.

Xenon HID Headlights - D1S Bulbs & D1R Bulbs

If I get the urge for tuner-style again, I suppose I can always channel it into my other car and keep it off the saab. :)
Yeah i'm impressed. Btw if you want a little color bump with decent light still, the 6k should do the trick pretty well,
Dude, seriously don't spend that much on those bulbs. The OEM bulbs are only $160 and they will last for years, but IMO aren't worth it. The color is terrible. If you are going up in color temp, you can get bulbs from a bunch of online suppliers, who all probably get theirs made in the same factory in China or Taiwan or wherever. I can vouch for the guys over at HIDextra.com - I was in the middle of getting uniform color for my HID headlights, the city lights, and the HID foglight kit I installed, and they were very helpful, exchanging 2 sets of bulbs to help me get the color correct. I ultimately went with the 6000k for the D1S, the 5000k for the fogs, and 8000K LEDs for the city lights, and it's as close as it's ever gonna get in matching. Couldn't be happier and that was close to a year ago now; the bulbs fire up no problems every time, and the overall hue is just very slightly blue-purple in real life. In photos it shows up very blue for some reason, no matter what settings I use, but I can post up some pics if you like.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
If you insist on "upgrading", get a DDM kit. Got both the headlights and fogs on from them on the GTO.

https://www.ddmtuning.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts