Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no its just a different mast on the viggen base.... thats all :) and i still get good reception

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
How do you do the converstion from the stock antenna to the viggen? I assume you have to plug the old hole, reroute the cable the headliner and drill a hole in the roof.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
t7 have the onstar system so its real easy to replace that antenna with a viggen one... so i just took onstar out since i wont be using it

·
Registered
126 Posts
OK ... one big question on the roof mounted antenna.

The one I bought is amplified, but the reception is crappy ... I want to use the amplifier.

Can I use the power that went to the motorize antenna to power the amp in the new one?

Does the power that went to the motorized antenna constant on when the radio is on or was it just a pulse that activated the motor?

And yes, I know that I need to fix the angle of that thing! It is driving me NUTS! :cry:

·
Registered
126 Posts
rcmdesign said:
Why is that angled so high? And also, I've never heard of an antenna with an amplifier? I'm confused...The old antenna was just sent a power boost to send it up and down I believe.
The angle is due to the placement on the roof ... not far enough back to get the slope down ... :cry:

I'll be changing that when I get a minute to go at it.

As for the antenna ... amplified antennas are fairly common ... they boost the reception.

Blaque_Out found the reception to be better than stock ... I'm not experiencing the same thing, so I want to use the built in amp ...

·
Registered
392 Posts
im confused, because that looks just about as far back as my antenna. :? :? maybe you should just replace that long end with stubby end from an s2000 or something, it wont be as awkward looking and you wnt have to drill another whole in your roof.

·
Registered
126 Posts
citronxbeige said:
im confused, because that looks just about as far back as my antenna. :? :? maybe you should just replace that long end with stubby end from an s2000 or something, it wont be as awkward looking and you wnt have to drill another whole in your roof.
I may just do that ... and I won't be moving the base, I was simply going to manhandle the angle of the antenna back to where I want it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Confused...

I purchased the Viggen antenna from genuinesaab.com for my base '99 9-3. My power antenna mast broke and I liked the look of the Viggen style. I had read on here that it was a pretty easy install (just drill a hole in the roof and attach the antenna to the existing wire). I brought my car into my "car guy" and he said that he needs a connector or harness or something else. Has anybody done this install? What do I need and what do I need to do? Thanks in advance for your help!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts