Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey if anybody has some stock NG900 springs laying around and wants o take some measurements for me, I need to know the height of the springs front and rear and the diameter of the from and rear. Thanks

I would do it myself but my car is on the jacks right now and it does not run, and its like
-1 outside.
ASAP please

Thanks guys

Dan

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just have the rear springs sitting around.

Rear Springs
Length = 8 5/8”
Smallest inner diameter = 2”
Widest outer diameter = 6 1/8”

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks a lot Eric. iwantaviggen do you think you could get me the specs when you get home. I need them for tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Dan

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because I’m getting custom springs made to my car from H&R that are more like race springs and lower the car more then 30mm that speedpart sells and are also stiffer. I'm working with a tuner company from CA that is an H&R established Tuner. He needs the specs so he can fit the right springs for my car. I am also giving him the car weight and so forth. The price per spring is $65 comes out to $260 for some custom H&R race springs fitted for your car, and how you want the ride height and stiffness to be. I don't think that’s a bad price at all. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Snow, that's going to be a sweet handling machine on level, even pavement. It will feel awesome on a track. Those race springs should make the car feel a lot more responsive, and they'll probably transmit a lot of feedback about the road....

On regular roads, though, won't the ride be a mite harsh? Once the spring comes around, and the streets are an obstacle course of potholes, will the ability to feel every ripple in the road start to bug you?

It's worth trying, though. I wish I could have a dedicated race ride, but I've got to do double duty as a commuter....

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike, It's going to be very nice handling I'm sure, but on regular roads your right it will be a little rough. I can choose the right stiffness for the springs though.

http://www.hrsprings.com/site/framemotorsport.html

There is the list that I can pick from, if anything I don't want to go to stiff just a little stronger rate then what nick sells to make up for the smaller spring. I would like a little lower then 35mm I think 40mm would be fine. I'm not sure how the clearance would be with a six point sub frame brace though.

Thanks for the info deleonl1, thanks anyway iwantaviggen.

Anybody else out there wants to help me get some specs for Stock front NG900 springs.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks iwantaviggen, but the NG900 and OG900 are differnt spring types so i have been told.

So anybody else out there that has some specs for me? I just need the fronts.

Dan

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does anyone have any specs for the front 9-3 springs???

I need some for custom race springs also

·
Registered
111 Posts
order them from nick/gs
LOL, i just want some specs of springs. I cannot afford the coilover setup at this time, so im going to just go with stiffer springs in the front that are similar to the stock or lowered design.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts