Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Not in my experience. As soon as I got my new ECU and was hitting around 15-16psi, my DV blew and started honking like a dying goose. If thats what you are gonna run its time for an upgrade 8)

Kyle

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
ginzo i know i talk to u all the time... i dont remember what year your car is....96? supposedly the 9-3 have the same dv as teh audi TT its like a bosch 710 sumthin its suppposed to hold up to 15 but then again who the hell am i

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i have a 96, i got a BOV so its no biggie, but now my problem is idk what the f..to call it other side of the DV where the the air would go back into the intake, i don't have anything to plug it with, what do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm still debating on whether to go with a BOV versus the BPV (or diverter valve).

Since your blow-off or not-needed boost gets vented to the air, and no longer available during rethrottle, the theory I understood was that it keeps the intake boost temperatures down. The theory being that the cooler but denser air/fuel mixture creates more power.

I've noticed that some add a small PCV style air filter on the BPV line when installing a cold-air intake, while others will install a makeshift cold-air intacke or plug the (BPV) line when switching to a BOV.

I suppose with the BOV you could also buy a cold air intake system and build a 2.5 pipe to route intake charge via hi-temp silicon turbohose into the turbo eliminating the hose that routed to your bpv.....

I suppose a plug would be the quickest, but cheapest fix.

food for thought...

regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts