Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 saab 9-5 with the B235E engine in it. i know it stock has a garrett gt17 turbo in it. I was wondering what the stock boost level is. When i bought the car the previous owner have swapped a TD04 in it. im going to tune it to the 15.7 PSI that the B235R runs on the TD04 but i want to know the other level for reference and i cant find info anywhere.

·
Drew In Houston
2,864 Posts
Welcome!

I looked through WIS real quickly, I'm sure it's buried in there somewhere, but I'm not seeing where a pressure target is specified for the GT17. There's an upper limit for sure, but these cars use mass based controls, so the specifications I'm seeing are all mass targets.

Whatever it is, you're going to have to flash the ECU to run any extra boost. There are tons of options out there now. It sounds like starting with an Aero .bin and tweaking just a little from there will get you where you want to go.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Stock my LPT hit about 11-13 PSI, stage III about 17 on my boost gauge.

The PSI generated is not too diferenct but the GT17 flow WAY less and poops out aroung 5K RPM.

Why would you limit the boost to the GT17 level when you have an Aero Turbo?, at least go to stock Aero, no difference in the engine really (some say different valves but some have examined them and found that not to be the case and for the difference in boost that would not be a worry. Tons of folks have done that and many gone to Stage III Aero

SO 17-18??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts