Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well saturday night i went down to the street races in philly and it was a pretty big turnout down there. I saw an STI getting on the highway which led back towards the sports complex area so i figured i would give it a shot cause it wasnt really out of the way to follow him anyway. He gets on the highway a little earlier than me and he was flying so i had to really cruise to catch up, and he must have seen me in the rear view cause he slowed down to about 70 and waited for me. Well were all lined up around 60-70 and he hits it first. He jumped at least 1 car length just cause he started sooner and i guess better turbo response, but then i shift out of third and by then im gaining on him. I would have passed him in 4th or early 5th if he didnt slow down, my mirror was at his rear door and i was pulling so im positive i would have won. He did have an extra person in the car though, dont know how much that made a differnce.

·
Registered
729 Posts
i hate when that happens, you go then stop and you can't show them the power of your car.

Well, nice pull

·
Registered
88 Posts
Even a stock Viggen should be pretty even with an STi on the hwy. Plus you gota remember they have a 6 spd, so while they are shifting, you are pulling.

My friend Bo has an STi, and his car pulls really hard between shifts, but it seems like you are shifting all the time.

·
Registered
729 Posts
my friends is the same way, hard on each shift.
When you friend is taking it to readline and pushed the clutch down, does teh RPM's stay up?
Cause thats what my friends does and he says he not keeping his foot on the gas.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nice pull but to say the least you must have some serious mods on your car to keep up with an STI which for that matter has 300hp a 0-60 time of 4.8 seconds and having the 1/4 mile range anywhere between 12.9-13.1 seconds. On and also runs 14.5 psi stock.

I mean props to ya for keepin up with him but maybe the weight difference had somethin to do with it too. Anyways nice goin afta him

Believe me riding in those are some fun but scary as hell...my boyfriend owns one and the STI's can take on a lot if not pretty much any everyday car out there.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
saabchic said:
Nice pull but to say the least you must have some serious mods on your car to keep up with an STI which for that matter has 300hp a 0-60 time of 4.8 seconds and having the 1/4 mile range anywhere between 12.9-13.1 seconds. On and also runs 14.5 psi stock.

I mean props to ya for keepin up with him but maybe the weight difference had somethin to do with it too. Anyways nice goin afta him

Believe me riding in those are some fun but scary as hell...my boyfriend owns one and the STI's can take on a lot if not pretty much any everyday car out there.
But a few facts still remain....
1) - It's a Subaru :p
2) - It's a heavy Subaru
3) - It has those all too famous Boxer motors... :roll:
4) - No Stereo and cost the price of a new Saab!

As much as I'd love to own one, I don't think I'd own it more then a few weeks before I got tired of the Subaru smell - feel - and overall look. A 4 door Rally car with a giant laundry rack on it's rear deck really screams style.... :shock: Sorry to bash on the car - but after driving the 92X Aero, It handled nice - but was WAY too cheap feeling overall - and fairly laggy. HOWEVER I did enjoy a quick ride in a friends friends WRX which was VERY nice - but a bit too quick for my taste, or atleast everyday driving. Hope your b/f is carefull saabchic. That AWD could be a real curse with a high torque motor.... :!:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
all wheel drive vs. front wheel drive on freeway/highway....

front wheel has the advantage...

off the line.....thats a different story

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
iwantaviggen said:
off the line.....thats a different story
No kidding. I've seen a GSX lanch and I swore it looked like the front was about to lift off the ground, and there was NO tire spin. They can launch at redline and not have a problem with traction thanks to its AWD.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Blaque_Out said:
No kidding. I've seen a GSX lanch and I swore it looked like the front was about to lift off the ground, and there was NO tire spin. They can launch at redline and not have a problem with traction thanks to its AWD.
I agree - but they would have a problem cedric, just not with traction :p Their transmissions are not able to take that kida sudden power too many times...

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
they did a show on TLC a few months ago where they riced up some chicks honda and some guys eagle talon. completely new drivetrain; it lasted 2 launches.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Difference with the STI though is that you're able to displace where you want the power to go. You can place it on AWD or either 65% to the rear or to the front for racin :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts