Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97' 900 with the factory stereo. I think there is a short in the system. I'm not sure if it's just a loose connection into the deck or if its in the deck itself. Often when I go over bumps the whole driver's side (front and back) speaker set goes out. If I turn the deck OFF and then right back ON the driver's side speaker set starts working again.

Is this something that is just internal within the deck? Would it be cheapest to just take the deck to be repaired or get another used one?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would take out the deck, check that the connectors are plugged in all the way. After that I would get a shematic, and switch side of the speakers. So if after that, your right side goes out, you know it's the deck. After looking around a lot I bought a JVC double DIN. It didn't really fit, but after sawing off a plastic bar under the SID, and not using the outer case for the JVC, I made it fit. What is great about this CD-player is that you can set the colors independable for button's and screen. I found a color that match my SID, and a very light green that matches the buttons in the car. (I think they are supposed to be white, but for me they thay have a greenish tone) look's good, can never be factory look. But pretty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.