Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2008 Saab 9.3 2.0T with 15000 miles.
Previously I owned Nissan Maxima, Lexus and other brands.

For some reason I feel a very strong wheel vibration when my engine is on and my car is in stop mode with Drive on ( for example at red light)

I brought my car to service, they checked the car and told me that everything is fine., but I do feel a very strong vibration and this is very annoying.
Sometimes I even feel it in my seat.

Can somebody please advise me on what I should do.
It is very annoying and it doesn't allow me to enjoy my new car :(

·
Registered
308 Posts
You could have a broken engine or transmission mount, but that's one of the first things they should have checked when you took it in. Does the vibration happen when you are driving or just idling?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I'm in Idle.
I went to the Saab today and drove the 2009 Model.
It also had vibration, but better than I had
Dealer explained to me that all 4 cyl Saab's have a pretty strong vibration. I never owned a 4 CYL car before and wasn't aware of this.

·
Registered
308 Posts
That would most likely be your issue then. Since L4 engines only fire single axis they produce a greater amount of vibration since there isn't another set of pistons further around the crankshaft to cancel some of the vibration out. The internal balance shafts help, but it's just part of owning a L4. If you are used to V configuration engines you could mistake it for a problem.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks. I really appreciated your response. Is there any way to improve the vibration ?
I4s do idle rough but I've never heard of someone noticing it to the extent of being bothersome, especially on new models... let alone describing it as "a very strong wheel vibration." The 2009 model shouldn't be "better" either, it's the same thing you've got. Maybe it's just new owner paranoia?!? Or maybe I've been in I4 Saabs for so long that I don't think about it. Your dealerships response doesn't surprise me, noises / random vibration stuff is really hard to troubleshoot. These cars are smarter than their owners, if something is wrong with it you'll be the first person it tells so don't freak out.

I'd recommend driving a 2.8T, see if you notice vibrations.

Don't dump your car just yet. You'll love it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I really appreciate. I do enjoy the ride, but at every stop. I feel the vibrations and I even feel it in my seat. Is that normal ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts