Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a non-airbag steering wheel on their NG900? I hate this steering wheel and I am seriously considering dropping a Momo or OMP wheel. If I put one of those what do I have to do with the airbag leads? Just tape them with electrical tape to avoid sparks?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not so much the feel of the steering wheel but its shape, how the center stand out past the rim, looks like it's bent out of shape. The rim itself is pretty thin too, I prefer a meatier rim. The fact that my thighs rub on the wheel when I get out also bug me; one of my pet peeves with the car is the lack of a steering wheel that adjusts up and down, although the telescoping feature is good.

Grant is now coming out with a series of aftermarket airbag steering wheels, but so far they are made only for American cars, mostly trucks and vans, and their design suck anyway.

In the end I want a meatier, smaller steering wheel whose rim stands out past the center, not the other way around.

·
Registered
203 Posts
im going through and im gonna bring back every thread untill i find my answer..
i want to put a quick release wheel in my car. its a 94 900se. im coming to find that steering columns changed in the middle somehwere. i have a 96 parts car and those wheels are interchangeable. i have the 96 3 spoke wheel in my 94 now. from what im finding people say that 94-97 have the same column then it changed to a slightly thicker spline from 98 up.

WHAT IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT...
does anyone know what the diameter of the steering wheel shaft is for my year. i have figured out the spline count obviously by counting the teeth its 36. i just need to kno the shaft diameter in MM.
if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts