Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
I believe the 93 SS/SC wheels work in the OG93s.

Which would lead me to believe they'd work in NGs as well.

EDIT, only for NGs in 98

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You would to change the top of the steering shaft to install a sport wheel in a ng before 98, but it's real easy to change

·
Registered
416 Posts
there isn't a company that makes a hub adapter for the n900 or og93s from what I understand. I wanted to fit a aftermarket nardi steering wheel to my car but realized that nobody took interest to make a hub adapter. really suckss...

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
One option if you have an 900 is the 94+ 9k steering wheels. Worlds better than the factory one

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Am almost 100% sure I saw one in a 9-5 at SCD. I asked the guy, he said it bolted right up. And if it worked on a 9-5, i assume a OG as well.

But I'll take your(internet stranger) word, over his(real world stranger) any day.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
There are ways to make them work, see them all the time on european Saabs, you order the adaptor plate or hub, you may even have to weld it to the shaft or you use the center section of the stock wheel and weld that to the backside of the wheel.

There are options, but it will take some modificationt to make it work, just like most things on a Saab...

John

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I may have to get one of those, I have been wanting to put a smaller wheel on my ng900 race car, would like a removable wheel, but anything would be better than the stock one I have now :)

EDIT: I am going to order one and try it out :)

John

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I may have to get one of those, I have been wanting to put a smaller wheel on my ng900 race car, would like a removable wheel, but anything would be better than the stock one I have now :)

EDIT: I am going to order one and try it out :)

John
Any news on this?

·
Registered
203 Posts
im going through and im gonna bring back every thread untill i find my answer..
i want to put a quick release wheel in my car. its a 94 900se. im coming to find that steering columns changed in the middle somehwere. i have a 96 parts car and those wheels are interchangeable. i have the 96 3 spoke wheel in my 94 now. from what im finding people say that 94-97 have the same column then it changed to a slightly thicker spline from 98 up.

WHAT IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT...
does anyone know what the diameter of the steering wheel shaft is for my year. i have figured out the spline count obviously by counting the teeth its 36. i just need to kno the shaft diameter in MM.
if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts