Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I installed a rebuilt rack from eeuro in my 2000 9-3 a few months ago and it's already leaking from the boot. I'm thinking about getting a used rack from the junk yard and I'm wondering if a 2001-2003 rack will fit.

Does anyone know the difference between the 1999-2001 and 2001-2003 steering racks?

Thanks and happy holidays,

Matt

·
Registered
303 Posts
According to the Electronics Part Catalog they're all the same, with just slight variations in part number through the years. You should be fine. Did you check the aluminum sealing ring on the end of the delivery pipe? Those tend to leak (the aluminum gets eaten away for some reason down into the boot area).

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hey guys,

I installed a rebuilt rack from eeuro in my 2000 9-3 a few months ago and it's already leaking from the boot. I'm thinking about getting a used rack from the junk yard and I'm wondering if a 2001-2003 rack will fit.

Does anyone know the difference between the 1999-2001 and 2001-2003 steering racks?

Thanks and happy holidays,

Matt
I'd be going back to EEuro on this one for sure. That can be a PITA job,
BTW, I have a good one in NH from a 2001 9-3 for $100. PM me.
Run the part #'s on Eeuroparts.com to see if they're the same.

·
10,303 Posts
Yeah just dont use the rack out of a 96 or older 900, I'm not sure if the splines match up, but they are bigger and torque steer wasn't as big of an issue since less rubber was used in holding them in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All of the connections are fine, it's leaking from the boot so it must be an internal seal problem. EEuro is giving me a full refund, I'm not installing another rebuilt pos.

A new 2001-2003 rack runs about $500 more than the older version from thesaabsite. There must be a difference in materials or design...hopefully they have less backlash in them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts