Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a saab enthusiast for many years and just registered with saablink today. After navigating around the site I noticed this post from Eliteforeignauto and wanted to discourage anyone from doing business with Aaron or Steve of Eliteforeignauto due to my terrible experience.

In short they sent a part that was broken and unusable, I did not notice this until I went to install it. Since I was half way through the project I borrowed my father in law's car to find the part locally, which I did. In the meantime I immediately notified Aaron who requested I speak to Steve at a later time. After successfully finding and installing the part via a local scrap yard and completing the project I continued to try and find Steve the owner so that I could return the part and receive a refund. During the following week I did track him down via phone and followed his instructions on how to return the part with his explicit instructions to send it via USPS and not FedX or UPS, this should have rang a loud bell in my head, but I was so frustrated at this point I just wanted to get it back to them via his policy. With the part return I included a letter detailing where the part was broken, which is a known stress point with this particular part, along with the recommendation not to resell the part to a future unsuspecting customer. In the weeks and months afterward despite not returning any of my calls I was eventually able to get him on the phone once when I was looking for another part. He claimed to have not received the return nor would ever instruct me to send USPS. I believe he did receive the part and since I took notes on our return conversation know that he is lying about his instructions.

My conclusion is that he may or may not have intended to send me a broken part even though it was cracked at an obvious stress point on this particular part and could not have cracked during shipping. He did, however, intend to deceive me with his explicit return instructions, which he later contradicted. He did not provide a refund and has probably sold the cracked returned part to another customer.

Do not do business with Elite Foreign Auto including Aaron or Steve the owner.

I have always found the Saab community full of friendly and honest people, but these guys are not them.

thanks for reading my Saab story I hope it saves someone else from a similar event.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I smell an epic thread coming on... beer and popcorn time.

·
Registered
373 Posts
KeemoSaabi,

EliteForeignAuto is a member here. They might be able to shed more light on the subject (I'm sure they are reading this or will read this shortly). Maybe you can clear this up via PMs. I believe they have done plenty of business around the forum so it would be in their best interest to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Everyone is entitled to write up a review. This one is fairly succinct and on-topic.

However, you probably don't want to go presuming that the guy sent the part out to someone else. Unless you have certain proof, that's something you just can't know.

Bottom line: It's another experience with a company most of us have at least heard of around here.

Bottomer line: Certified mail is something we should all become familiar with, methinks. It leaves a pretty indisputable record when it really matters.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Eh, I just chalk it up to the fact that companies, like peoples, have bad days that they sometimes don't handle all that well.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
i've done lots of business with aaron/efa. the couple times there has been an issue with the parts, they were very easy to deal with for getting replacements.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
First of all.... let me state... i have no idea who you are... let alone what part you are reffering.
Secoundly steve is the owner and handles all returns and Store credit.. ( on all of our invoice's we do not refund any money what so ever) Steves policy we Give store credit.. and if your driving a saab you will use it in the future we have a large book full of recorded credits for various shops- dealers- and TSL members.....

Also our policy is if the part is broken or damaged please notify as soon as possible ( you say you did ( who are you? ) also we need verification the the part is truely no good.. so we ask that you first send back the broken, defective one, first.... so we can then make sure it was not broken through--- ups ( which we send all of our parts with insurance and signuture or location of drop off and what date.... ...

then after we receive it we then send out another part or... if for some reason we do not have the part... we then notify you with your invoice stating you have full credit for the part....

if steve said we didnt receive the part... we didnt receive it..... We are not USPS .

I would insist for all Members if you ever send anything in the mail get Insurance ( just in case the box is lost... or damaged... and also get a signiture...

its that simple.....

i will wait for a response....

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I bought all the parts I needed for my hydraulic clutch conversion from elite foreign auto, and things worked out perfectly. no complaints.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts