Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'02 9-3 SE auto

Sitting on the shoulder of the highway waiting for a tow.

Accelerating up the on ramp, car sputtered and stalled. Rolled to the shoulder. Check engine light flashed while we were pulling over.

Now car will start and run for about 10 seconds, then stall. No check engine light now.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When starting, tach needle lags a bit. Just sits for a second, the catches up.

When it stalls, the turbo needle jumps into the red.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Home now.

This car has new throttle body, AMM, DIC. All new silicone vacuum lines.

Will use the Tech2 tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Sounds like a huge air leak if the boost gauge climbs into the red. Check all of your ic pipes/connections. If you just did a throttle body make sure the pipe didn't come off of the throttle body.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Sounds like a huge air leak if the boost gauge climbs into the red. Check all of your ic pipes/connections. If you just did a throttle body make sure the pipe didn't come off of the throttle body.
Agree.

Did it also trip the limp home solenoid on the TB? Doublecheck that the MAF sensor is plugged in correctly too.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nailed it. The flexible hose from the IC popped off the rigid intake pipe.

It was really easy to see now that it's daylight.

And I'm less drunk. :)

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Glad that you found it, one of my kids 99 9-3 will stall after a long trip, it cranks but won't start. Threw a CEL for O2, changed front o2 sensor, cleared it and it came back.

Car starts and runs around town, stalls after a 30+ minute trip.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Glad that you found it, one of my kids 99 9-3 will stall after a long trip, it cranks but won't start. Threw a CEL for O2, changed front o2 sensor, cleared it and it came back.

Car starts and runs around town, stalls after a 30+ minute trip.
That sounds more like a Crank Position Sensor problem. One of the failure modes is that they quit once they heat up. Sometimes they just quit though lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
'02 9-3 SE auto

Sitting on the shoulder of the highway waiting for a tow.

Accelerating up the on ramp, car sputtered and stalled. Rolled to the shoulder. Check engine light flashed while we were pulling over.

Now car will start and run for about 10 seconds, then stall. No check engine light now.

Any thoughts?
This is exactly what happened to me today with my 95 Sportcombi Aero.
accelerated oon ramp to overtake a civic, blew his doors off. Car made a POP sound, followed by blinking engine light and no power.
Car starts right up, and runs for 10 seconds, then stalls.
stuck on the side overnight, have to pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully no trailer!
Thanks 2011 or whatever lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts