Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9.3, lower then -10 degres celcius, the engine refuse to start, the gaz don't come in cylinder chamber. The car have past one week at dealer, they have change the computer, batterie, sparks plug, tested gaz pompe, etc.. puted the engine on cumputer etc...

I have discover that if i heat the sensor of temperature on the top of the engine, I tink it's the air temperature sensor with a dry air during 5 minutes the engine start like a new!. I would like to have the number of OHMS I'm suppose to read on My FLUKE if i take a read at -10 or -15 or -20 dergres on this sensor.

I'dont want to go back at dealer, because they work only in garage and after few minutes in the garage the trouble go away.

Pascal

·
Registered
18 Posts
same problem

it's been cold here in ther massachusetts and when it is in the single digits in Fahrenheit it wont start half the time. I think what you said might help cause mechanics couldnt find out why. where is this sensor? i have a 96 900s. HELP! ITS A PAIN IN THE ASS!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 1999 9-3 Convertible and I know that if it is cold out it will choke starting up ... the best advice I can give from my experience with my saabs is ... where do you keep it at night, outside ?? i know it sounds silly, but my old 9000 if i kept it in the garage with a heated blinket under the hood the thing started fine, if it was outside the thing would not start ... it sounds simple and silly, but the warm a car is when it starts the easier ... also check your spark plugs, mine went on my 99 and with them replaced the car started alot better ... I mean any car is not going to want to start in single digit or less temp ... also there could be moisture in the gas tank that can freeze up ... check that and always keep the tank full in the winter ... gooluck, wish I could help more ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

Re moisture in the gas tank. Saab do recommend keeping the tank as full as possible but you can also add some Wynne's 'Dry Fuel' to the tank...this will remove moisture. As the tanks are plastic, they are quite prone to accumulating moisture.

Cheers
Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts