Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm just cruising doing about 45 and then suddenly my car jerks really bad and it stalls. The gas pedal got tight and it wouldn't move and the TCS Ctrl light came on. The motor was still running just couldn't hit the pedal. So I pull over and shut the car off. Give it a minute and start it back up. No problems its idling fine no funny noises nothing except for the fact that the check engine light is on and i found a hose broke off this breather. Any hints to what the problem may be.. I'm scared to drive it now :???:

Pic of the breather Also this one broke if anyone has one please PM me. I need to buy one asap!

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Probably, the TCS safety switch on the false bulkhead next to the MAP.

Or, more likey.

The TB...

·
Registered
149 Posts
So I'm just cruising doing about 45 and then suddenly my car jerks really bad and it stalls. The gas pedal got tight and it wouldn't move and the TCS Ctrl light came on. The motor was still running just couldn't hit the pedal. So I pull over and shut the car off. Give it a minute and start it back up. No problems its idling fine no funny noises nothing except for the fact that the check engine light is on and i found a hose broke off this breather. Any hints to what the problem may be.. I'm scared to drive it now :???:

Pic of the breather Also this one broke if anyone has one please PM me. I need to buy one asap!

Thanks!
In the picture. is that on top of the head by where it says saab on the engine ? if it is i was adding coolant today and on mine some kind of, i think its oil is like not dripping but kind of stained on there. Same behavior in a way with my car usually just the cold start (only) with the stalling. Tcs light is only on for 10seconds when driving to school. But not all the time the light comes on only tuesdays. its been like that since july maybe... and i have an engine light, its been on since like...... july, after i changed a hose.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
If I have one I can bring it to Reading this weekend - you anywhere near there? I will look in my tool box today. They are usually in stock FYI @ your local Saab dealer. Call up Kunkle Motors in Dalas, PA - see if they have it. It's the PCV Nipple - replace the gromit too as it's prob. in the same shape as the nipple.

7517048 = Nipple (shown above) about $4 new
7515190 = Bushing for nipple above about $2 new

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I have one I can bring it to Reading this weekend - you anywhere near there? I will look in my tool box today. They are usually in stock FYI @ your local Saab dealer. Call up Kunkle Motors in Dalas, PA - see if they have it. It's the PCV Nipple - replace the gromit too as it's prob. in the same shape as the nipple.

7517048 = Nipple (shown above) about $4 new
7515190 = Bushing for nipple above about $2 new
Yeah Im not any where near man I wish I was though. and Thanks for the part numbers :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts