Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if anyone can give me an idea of what SS exhaust systems are available for the 9-3's? I saw a couple companies that make systems, but I don't know where to start! By that I mean...how's quality of the gievn systems, etc...

I looked for a thread that included this info and I either missed it or it's not there :p

Thanks...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
There are few different companies that make full or catback systems for the 9-3. Click here to get a list of link for performance companies.

I suggest starting with www.genuinesaab.com first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blaque_Out said:
I suggest starting with www.genuinesaab.com first.
I checked them out before posting...then I talked to Nick, apparently a salesmen? Anyway, after talking to him for about 10 minutes and explaining that I DID'NT want to spend $1,000 on an exhuast and I perfered stainless steel...he directed me toward JT's al. 3" downpipe w/sport cat (like $750 bucks) and the JT muffler...another $300 :roll:

In the end I was right back to trying to find something that helped the car breathe a lil' better without emptying the pocket book :p I guess that best way to open up the Saab's air-ways is to add a downpipe @ $750?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Thats the correct price that Nick quoted you at. Oh and im pretty sure he's the owner ;)

The downpipe would be the first thing I'd upgrade. Most of us are going for the catless, then adding on our own cat. Bring the cost down a bit, but only if you know what your doing.

As for the rest of the exhuast most people get the JT catback system. I've heard it is an EXCELLENT system with a wonderful sound.

Since I too am on limited cashflow (aka. broke) I chose to have a custom catback system made along with a universal. Although alot cheaper, the drawback is that the exhaust piping may rust, if not coated properly.

So in the end it depends on your resources, but for a good line of parts and to give you a good idea at what your looking at price wise, Genuine is it.

PS. I'd also look into air intakes, if you haven't done so already.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blaque_Out said:
Thats the correct price that Nick quoted you at. Oh and im pretty sure he's the owner ;)

The downpipe would be the first thing I'd upgrade. Most of us are going for the catless, then adding on our own cat. Bring the cost down a bit, but only if you know what your doing.

PS. I'd also look into air intakes, if you haven't done so already.
OK...I see where you're coming from!
I do wanna do it "correctly" per say...so I guess the money as to flow if that's what I want? As for the intake...I looked into getting the Saab Nation intake that was posted in the "Intake thread" I guess for only $100 it would do the trick...open the air path a lil' and get that throaty sound when you hammer the gas!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts