Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of stainless brake lines that were (ostensibly) for my car - the packaging even said so and I have no doubt but that they were sold to me in good faith, however, when I went to install them, I found that the rear-end male fittings (there's a male and a female on each line) could not be fixed in place with the stock clip that holds the fitting to the bracket on the car body.

I'm putting a couple of pictures here to see what advice I get, because I subsequently ordered another set and had the same issue - right length, right gender, but no way to secure it in place.

any advice???

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Quite comon. You need to make sure they do not rub on anything. Maybe you can shim them with a piece of rubber hose.

The only perfect fit bolt up lines that I have found are Goodrige. We had to work hard for them to get the parts to make the kits in the US. They have a long lead time though. All others I would not install on my car. I had a few that we just sent back to the manufacturer. Brakes are a CRITICAL system :!: I don't have any detail photos of the kits here but if needed I can post tuesday at work. You can see some of the ends in this photo. They also come with new hardware / sealing rings.

LineKits

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nick,

I've been told that other kits bolt-on directly, but then I haven't seen to believe - I have heard good things about Paragon in this regard, but from what I understand they don't coat the mesh with plastic to protect it from road grime, so that's a liability, if it's true.

At this point, I'm putting the original ones back on and I'll just deal with it until I can get the mess sorted out - then I'll replace them with the correct item.

I considered just putting them in place and using a zip-tie to make sure they don't rub, but in the final analysis that's a rig-job and I don't approve of that sort of thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts