Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to change out my turbo lines for awhile now and am wondering about this kit

Mitsubishi TF035 TD03 TD04 M12 Turbo DIY Water Pipe Kit | eBay

It seems like itd have everything I need save for one banjo fitting...or would I convert the fittings on the block to the 90 degree couplers? I dont mind buying the parts and cutting the lines myself, but if anyone has any input id appreciate it. Buying the lines myself id just go with 4 banjo fittings, -6 braided line (I dont think Ive seen -4 banjo fittings), maybe new banjo bolts and some crush washers. If anyone else can chime in on what exact fittings I need Id appreciate it, right now I think they are all M12x1.25.

PS...Just the stock TD04 right now.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just want to get rid of them at the moment. Would a 9/16" banjo fitting be appropriate for the M12x1.25 banjo nut?

·
Registered
581 Posts
im looking into this for my ng900 b234r td04. i think if you convert it to the an fittings you wont need the crush washers. i heard somehwere -6an is the line needed. but idk. also piece it together yourself with good fittings

·
Registered
10 Posts
NPT to AN fitting - JEGS Performance Products 100001 JEGS AN Hose End Fittings - Blue/Red

Hose - JEGS%27+200+Series+hose - JEGS High Performance

This goes on the block - Russell 670520 Russell AN Male to Metric Male Adapter Fittings

Threads on the block are m14x1.5mm
Threads on the TD04 are m12x1.5mm

I run this exact setup and have no problems, just remember to tighten down and secure the fitting on the turbo. I had one work loose and it leaked some oil.

NOTE: When you take off the water out of turbo/water in to the block there are two copper crush washers. If reusing the steal line get NEW washers. The old ones will not work and you will be very angry when you need to go get some but the system wont hold coolant. Be careful not to cross thread the banjo either if it's going in hard you're probably doing it wrong. I destroyed the first few threads on mine and managed to get it to stop leaking by using double crush washers and lots of luck.

If you're planning on running a braided line from turbo water out/block water in then this may not be such a problem. The block's metal is soft though so lots of torque may equal a long weekend.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think im going to go with that kit i originally posted, only use 2 12x1.5 -6an banjo connections for the turbo and 2 14x1.5 -6an banjo connections for the block (imitating factory set up). Hell swap out the parts I want as well as the lengths of an line I need. Should look more or less factory once im done. Thoughts?

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
I've got braided lines on my 900 and I didn't use any banjo bolts. All 90* swivels w/adapters. No crush washers required...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts