Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Horn suddenly not working, SRS light came on. Checked and contact ring broken. Fitted a new one but the SRS light stays on, horn works though. Took it to the (ex)dealer, they don't have such old software, only for 9-3 & 9-5!!! Any ideas for a fix without a computer diagnostic?

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
ng900 won't reset. Fix/find where the fault is coming from and have a tech reset or get a used box to change out with once the fault is found. Box is under the armrest area. 9-3's will reset however

·
Registered
913 Posts
X2 I had the SRS light on once, disconnected battery, and it never came on again.
In my NG, I used an identical SRS module to solve the problem. A year later I used the module that set the original SRS light in the previous car and it "got rid of" the SRS light in a different car.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My NG had the SRS issue with nothing broken (all was good with the horn ring etc), battery disconnect will not clear it I tried that as well, it has to be taken to someone with a Tech2 that can clear the code.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. Had the battery disconnected overnight, light stays on. Stupid question: is the "Tech2" the diagnostic computer? If so, is there one for sale to the public?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Just keep driving. After a certain amount of driving cycles with the problem not present, the code will clear and turn off the light.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just keep driving. After a certain amount of driving cycles with the problem not present, the code will clear and turn off the light.
Not on these NGs, they can ONLY be cleared with a Tech2, the newer ones can be done with the batt or driving :(

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
ng900 won't reset. Fix/find where the fault is coming from and have a tech reset or get a used box to change out with once the fault is found. Box is under the armrest area. 9-3's will reset however
Box can be had for 40 dollars of less on ebay. I've done/fixed this same problem before

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
For $40, I bet a dealer or an independent with a Tech II would fix this.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
It WILL reset by pulling the battery if there is no real problem present. An OG9-3 will reset after a certain number of driving cycles with the fault not present. I believe it is twenty. I had an SRS light on my 97 900, pulled the battery, and the SRS light has never come back on. If you have an actual problem, then the SRS light will come back on after your reconnect the battery.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It WILL reset by pulling the battery if there is no real problem present. An OG9-3 will reset after a certain number of driving cycles with the fault not present. I believe it is twenty. I had an SRS light on my 97 900, pulled the battery, and the SRS light has never come back on. If you have an actual problem, then the SRS light will come back on after your reconnect the battery.
Maybe its a euro thing then, ours had no problems at all and the light wouldnt clear that way, the tech cleared it fine and its never been back on since. 97 would be OBD2 in the US, dunno what they have here in europe for 94.........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts