Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, one thing after another right.

So I am driving home from college yesterday, after about 150 miles of highway, I reach a stoplight, and I hear a loud squeak coming from what I thought to be the front. I figured it was the bad axle. I kept driving, and I could hear it much better now going 45-55 mph. It is speed dependent, if I am going 5mph, it will be slow, rolling with the wheel, if 45, faster and harder to notice, but going with the wheel.

When I pulled into my driveway, I lowered the window, stuck my head out, and rolling at 5mph I could hear it coming from the driver's rear wheel. I think.

So I am about to go pull the wheel off and give er' a spin. The only problem is, in the past I have heard this, but it was very very faint. Then it went away. I feel like it only got that bad because It had been driven for 3 hours. I stopped at a rest stop about 2 hours after driving and it wasn't making any noise.

Just any ideas? Wheel bearing? I really do NOT believe it is the brakes, the brakes are all brand new, and it is not dependent if brakes are applied, or not applied, it happens either way.

I appreciate any help guys, gotta go back to school Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Sound like metal or something else?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eh not really, but to answer your next question, if it was to be metal, it would be "light metal"

Now that I think about it, it COULD be a metal sound, but its more a squeak then a scrape.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fucking e-brake. The thing always sticks, so it is now loosened all the way.

Took it for the test, no noise. I will find out after the long drive if it was the problem, but I think it was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts