Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone was interested. I currently am running 18x7.5 inch rims with Vogtland Lowering Springs made in Germany. If anyone is familiar with these springs they lower your Saab 1.75". Like i said i currently have 18" rims on my car but am contemplating throwing on some 19" rims. I dont get any rubbing with the 18's but im sure i will get some rubbing with the 19" rims mounted. I like the springs and how they make my car sit and look however i will not be able to keep the front springs with 19's on.

So my question is ....if i get some 19's is anyone out there with Eibach, B&G etc... springs willing to trade there front springs for a 1.75" drop in the front?
Basically i would be looking for something like a 1.5" drop or less!

This would probably benefit some people because i have heard alot of springs tend to sag more in the rear so this would level off your car!

Let me know if anyone would possibly be interested!

I know the pics are bad but it should give you a good idea of how the my car sits!

·
Registered
745 Posts
That car is Hot.... :shock: dayum that's nice. 8)

19's.... :shock: .., what size are your wheels in width?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Saabguy, I might be interested in trading. I have new H&R springs that drop by 1.4 inches that have been installed but not driven on (car is still hetting hydraulic conversion and a ton of other stuff...)

I like the forward rake look so I was worried that the drop on the rears would make the car seem too ass-heavy.

Let's talk !

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
18's really arent big enough?
Here in Cali 19"s arent big enough :lol:

what size are your wheels in width?
My Axis Sevens are 7.5" and those Atix-5's were 8" in width!

Saabguy, I might be interested in trading. I have new H&R springs that drop by 1.4 inches that have been installed but not driven on (car is still hetting hydraulic conversion and a ton of other stuff...)

I like the forward rake look so I was worried that the drop on the rears would make the car seem too ass-heavy.

Let's talk !
Hey Mike, this guy at the wheel shop got me all excited the other day talking about how he could get me a sweet deal on some 19's. Well I found out today he was blowing smoke out of his a$$. However i am still searching for a new set of wheels so i will keep u posted. When will your Saab project be done?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I blew one deadline: "That car needs to be finished before the new baby." (October 20...)

Then another: "That car needs to be finished before the first snow, so I can get the van in the garage." (December 20)

I'm shooting for Valentines Day!.....

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im such a dumb $hit! :lol:
I did some research today regarding my springs using the part #! When i purchased them the guy told me it would give me a slight rake and it would lower the car 1.75" all the way around!
This whole time i thought my car was lowered 1.75"! I guess i shoulda looked at the VOgtland website sooner! Sorry if i have confused anyone by previously posting the incorrect lowering height as i was going off of the info i was told when i purchased the springs!

I went on the VOgtland website and the only springs available for Saabs are the Sport springs and they claim to lower only 35mm which is equal 1.378"! Therefore those H&R springs are pretty much the same as my Vogtlands! I would probably need something like a 1" inch drop..........gheez fitting 19's is a pain in the a$$! I will probably save myself lots of headaches if i stick with 17" & 18" rims!!

but im stubborn 8)

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
You need the upgrade stock performance 9-3 SE HOT/Aero springs then since they give it a 1" or slightly less drop.. The give an additional 1 inch drop and thats about it. I just so happen to have those on my car right now and was looking to pick up a set of Eibachs or so to drop me the 1.3. Dasaabguy we will talk this week and I will call you about hanging out 1 day this week or possibly next so we can check everything out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts