Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H&R Special from Speedparts via genuinesaab.com. Thanks for the help Nick! 45mm front 35mm rear (35mm front and 25mm rear for Aero)

The ride is fine with the stock dampers contrary to popular belief. There is no bounce and the comfort is still intact. Bounce is more likely with worn out stock dampers or a non sport chassis setup. Performance dampers are necessary to truley maximize handling however...as are pure summer tires. I went for more comfort and asthetics than pure performance as this is my daily driver and I'm usually the one volunteering to drive when the guys go out. Handling did improve over stock. Negative camber is not as bad as I expected. Install took me 3.5 hours but it would have taken much longer without the right tools (lift, impact wrench and ratchet, spring compressor, table vice).

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
I want, i want!

Is there a hirsch kit for the 02 9-3? haven't been able to find much info on anything Hirsch here... Too bad the Saab dealers don't carry it...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not that I have seen but check out these wheels....Classic Saab 3 spoke styling with a modern updated look. They are Hirsch and the best looking 18" Saab wheel I have ever seen (IMO). Check out how expensive Hirsch stuff is...and this is in the UK through a dealer. I am guessing these prices include VAT (17.5% tax in Europe) so we might be able to get stuff for a good bit less...but even then, with 1GBP = roughly 1.8USD you can see how pricey it gets.

http://www.saabtrader.co.uk/featured/performance_hirsch.htm

·
Registered
729 Posts
those rims and lowering springs look good on both cars.
Good choice of wheels.
When i called tirerack, they didn't sell them anymore :(

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Looks great!
Forget the Hirsch kit and save some money by using the 04 Aero front bumper and other parts. It is a relatively cheap upgrade under $1K. Looks awesome as it is nearly the same.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
genuinesaab said:
Looks great!
Forget the Hirsch kit and save some money by using the 04 Aero front bumper and other parts. It is a relatively cheap upgrade under $1K. Looks awesome as it is nearly the same.
That 04 Aero is SWEET. i was at the dealer yesterday to pick up a retaining clip for my turbo, and they had a black on black 04 Aero wagon, it must have been lowered, too... it looked SWEET. i could totally drive one of those around someday when i have kids and not be embarrassed about it. Thay new front bumper for 04 is HOT.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I've thought about the 04 bumper as it does look damn good (not as good looking as the Hirsch but way better than Hirsch in bang for the buck)...Nick, is the Hirsch rear bumper assembly 1 piece or is the bottom lip with the dual exhaust openings something I could attach to my bumper? When I do my exhaust I would love to go with the JT dual exhaust setup but don't know the best way to address the rear bumper's lack of a second opening. Are there any other options I don't know of?

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Where can I buy those rims?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which rims? The 3 spoke on the vert or the 5 spoke SSR's on my car? The 3 spokes, Im not sure but if you check out the link above regarding Hirsch stuff I bet they either have them or could get them. The 5 spokes on my car are no longer produced in the Saab application unfortunately.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome Aero

I was thinking of going to 18's on my '05 Aero when my stock Pirellis run down.....Done anything else to it since July? Nice work!

·
Registered
110 Posts
another rim shot

The 18s and the drop really go well together xaamottomaax !

Sorry to add to the dilinquency of this post, but I found another shot of those three spoke 18's and they are really tight!

·
Registered
23 Posts

Yep, these alloys are Hirsch 19" wheels. I hated these until I saw them on this car. I think they look really good on this car. I took these photos at the recent Bilsport show in Sweden. The car is Speedparts' 9-5 Lightning. 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts