Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Why don't you contact the seller (the saab site)?

The listing says made in Sweden. I think Intrax is a California company.

Why do you want lowering springs for the winter anyway? Do you live in a place that doesn't get much snow? I actually raised my c900 1/2" last winter to keep from skid plate sledding.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I figured for the price it is cheaper than buying a set new. Or finding a set of spg springs. scantech springs are like $60 a piece. and I haven't had much luck finding spg springs. I just need to get something soon before it gets too cold out.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why don't you contact the seller (the saab site)?

The listing says made in Sweden. I think Intrax is a California company.

Why do you want lowering springs for the winter anyway? Do you live in a place that doesn't get much snow? I actually raised my c900 1/2" last winter to keep from skid plate sledding.
and I saw in the listing someone already asked and they said:

"They are imported from Germany directly from an original equipment manufacturer"

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I need to replace my rear springs on my '89 as well. Can anyone vouch for the quality of the Skandix springs available through e-europarts or recommend a better alternative (I just need a regular spring....no lowering or sport stuff)?

Also any recommendations on performing the replacement? Is it just a matter of compressing the springs and dropping the axle? Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Skandix should work fine.

Be sure that your upper spring seats haven't failed. That could also be a reason for sagging.

No need for a spring compressor for the rear springs, just drop the axle and they should fit right in. Be careful not to overstress the flexible rubber brake like that connects to the line on the axle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same problem. New stock springs were to expensive and I needed springs badly. I bought kilen lowering springs from the saab site for about 140 bucks for the set. There just labeled lowering springs on the site. My rear springs were sagging so badly that I actually gained a 1/4" in the rear. The handling of the car improved greatly and I didn't break the bank. If you live in a place where the roads are decent there an excellent substitute. I would not suggest to much winter driving, and if you have 16" wheels you need 205-45-16 tires so you don't get any rubbing on the fender flares. I have 205-50-16's at the moment and they only rub if i Hit a big dip or bump in the road. If you have stock tires and wheels, you'll be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts