Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about some type of a cheap spoiler to buy to the front to my 1995. It feels like it gets lifted up slightly passing 65 to 70 mph. The steering gets very light and I don't have this sturdy feel, like I had in my classic 900. (Autobahn at 95mph, best car I have had at that speed.)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Um, I don't think a front spoiler will be doing much at those speeds. Maybe there is something wrong in the suspension of your car? My 1995 900 feels more than stable at 100mph, let alone 70mph... I would check your tie rod ends and bushings for damage, tires for roundness, and alignment.

But to answer your question, you could a tally lip (a front lip from a talledega 900). You will have to pay a good 250 for one however, and I doubt it will do much like mentioned. It will look awesome though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. My suspension need some work. Nothing really bad thou, no free play. But the rubber boots on the tie rod ends are rotten and stuff like that, I have left lower control arm to install. (right is installed) . I'm going to try new tie rods and an alignment. The splash guards are there. I did mount a big spoiler (it was a little bit to big, it lowered the top speed) in the front of my Opel in the 80:s, it made a huge difference, it went from slightly nervous to very sturdy at speeds around 100mph. It might just have been luck.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A talledaga lip sounds interesting, any pictures? 250 is maybe a little to much at the moment, with all the other things I want to do with it. (sometimes I got/get so tired with the all the problems I had/have with my SAAB's that I go and buy a Volvo, but they are SO boring) My best SAAB ever was a 900 1986, well my 1991 9000 CD was good to, except a noisy cam chain and an oil leak, and the fact it was so easy to steal!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts