Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this car on CL. A few minutes after I found it and sent out an email, I found burnsside's posting of '86 9000's. This car is the one that was in Southington, OH about an hour from Cleveland.
It was listed as a 9000, but I requested pictures via email, and I saw a 900 with an SPG kit. They were asking $400, I took it for $350.
It's been sitting in a field for ten years, and it shows. It's rough, and its got some dents and scratches and a little bit of rust here and there, but I both checked with a friend at the dealer to verify it's authenticity, and the original sticker was in the glove box, stating the model as a 943M.
I plan to fully restore the car over the next few years. It's currently on jack stands because when I picked it up it was sitting on four flats, so I'm having some used up old tires put on the correct wheels at the moment, just so I can roll it around in the yard.
Better pictures will come, I only just got my hands on a camera as it was getting dark.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's solid everywhere that I didn't post a picture of, for the most part. I'll get some better pictures of it today if I can remember.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it'll be worth it when I do finally get the car on the road. But that's gonna be a while since I'm leaving next week for college and already have 5 other cars. I probably won't get very much done to it before I leave, but I plan to start getting after it next summer once school's over.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
If that guy overseas could fix that 1984 Airflow (whatever it was), which was 10 times worse than this SPG, then I have hope.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Drew, if you hear about any good deals on C900 parts local to us, let me know, it needs a whole bunch of stuff, including a good set of E-Codes. It was sold with them originally, and my plan is to restore the car to the exact condition and spec listed on the sticker, since I was lucky enough to get that with the car.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
An '85 spg. Hopefully you can save her.
1986 SPG - but still a great find for $300....

Best of luck restoring that old beast! I have a local indy who could cut you some repair panels for that suspension rot for a very nominal fee from some home-made templates they have been using for years to fix those notorious control arm rot spots. I'll ask how much he would want for set made.

Interested in some wide arch flares from a later SPG? I am about to pop some on e-bay :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1986 SPG - but still a great find for $300....

Best of luck restoring that old beast! I have a local indy who could cut you some repair panels for that suspension rot for a very nominal fee from some home-made templates they have been using for years to fix those notorious control arm rot spots. I'll ask how much he would want for set made.

Interested in some wide arch flares from a later SPG? I am about to pop some on e-bay :)
If you could ask about those control arm rot pieces, I'd appreciate that. I'd like to put the wider arch flares on it, but I think I'm going to go for a completely correct resto. Thanks, and good luck with the sale!

And yes it is an '86.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Good luck with the SPG. Can't believe you have the original window label. Some list of extras from the dealer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.