Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned it up and got ready to cut some metal.Decided i only need to replace the lower section of the outer left rocker,the right side is in remarkable shape.I think it would be better if i leave the upper part of the door jam and the inner rocker alone on the left side so the chassis doesn't move.the doors close like a charm with just a light click.i have this Ashcraft rocker and want to cut the lower part off [the blue line in photo]and lap that into the upper section.This would be the best way to do it you think ?
i want to make this a nice rolling chassis first then the engine/trans..i just need a few more brake parts and tires then i should be able to put it all together .
learned a new trick too,you can use 900 rear brake lines to replace the two that go to the rear in a sonett.just need to shorten the lines and swap your fittings then re-flare the two ends. i used the early green 900 saab lines,the old ones were pitted at the footwell.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my buddy was surprised by that as well ! milk creates work to but not with the engine in the car .i had a 900 up on milk creates but they slowly collapsed after a few months.these bird seed cans are pretty strong,the car has been up in the air for over a year.i would not advise anyone to do this if they are working under the car .the sonett weighs nothing with engine /trans out .i can actually pick the rear of the car right up when i grab it by the bumper.i really should get proper stands though.
post a pic of your 95. i had a blue 73 95 years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts