Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
no codes, all lights work, no ABS warning light, Cruse works. Odometer works. Only indication of problem is the needle stuck at 60-mph
I've seen this happen to a few 02 and up 95's I have no idea what the Pin point failure is. Replaceing the cluster has been the only fix I have delivered. On 01-down clusters i have had the circuit boards repaired many times for other problems. I have never had the stuck gauge problems on 01 down, that the 02- up gauges have. Hence thats why i Just replaced the 02 up clusters with Used units that work. If you find a fix for the stuck gauges please fill us in.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Try pulling the battery cables, connect the two loose ends to each other (to discharge all the memory capacitors in the computers) and re-connect, could be a fluke and the cluster will re-set itself, but like Harvey said it's possible that indicator died.

There's not really anything you can do to diagnose it yourself because all the guages on the 9-5's report information that comes in the two bus communication wires, so you can't even probe the speedo needle itself to check against the info coming in from the wheel speed sensors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts