Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone new member here from California. My first car was my Saab 9000 and I LOVE HER! Bought her from a scholarly African American gentleman in San Francisco who was moving to Washington in 2005.

I am 24 years old and resuming college in the fall of 2011 to study calculus and prepare to transfer to a 4 year college. Hopefully someone in Norcal will want to hang out sometime :cool:.

1995 9000CSE Auto FPT Scarabe Green $2800

January 2010 I bought my second Saab from my local mechanic who works on my 9000.

1998 900S Convertible 2.3 Black $4900

Oh and this is my dog making a HILLARIOUS face outside with me while I was painting trim for my 9000. :p

Maybe she was admiring the beautiful backyard or my beautiful trim. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard!
Thanks! Im really looking for some Saab fans to hang out with occasionally anyone in the bay area Cali? Be cool to meet, share, hang out, etc. I was sad the North Cal Saab club has nothing scheduled in the near future. Anyone feel the same? Cheers!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
they hardly make plans anymore..
when i find time i usually drive down for the socal saab meets.
my brother and sister live up in the city. see you around sometime!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah on an important note I'm coming from Saabnet and Saabcentral I really like those sites but i'm looking for a more active and fun forum to call home. :D

Here is my interior still under construction but certainly getting some personality. Sweet steel Saab/Scania logo hanging from my rear view mirror. I got it from Santa Clara Saab if I am remembering correctly.

·
10,303 Posts
Thumbs up.

In regards to the sig limiting software, I can't get it to work, and I don't wanna experiment with the parameters I have for fear of screwing up everybodys sig.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome. Im in Norcal too, Sonoma area. Nice 9000, I myself had a 97 9000 Aero, I loved it but didnt want a auto trans. I must say it had the most comfortable seats EVER! My current car could be your verts double, same year, same color, except mines a 3-door. :cool:

I have been trying to find people around the bay area also to do meets and such. But no luck to far. :(

I would be down to try to do a get together or something. Would it be totally lame if it was two people? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thumbs up.

In regards to the sig limiting software, I can't get it to work, and I don't wanna experiment with the parameters I have for fear of screwing up everybodys sig.
Hey I don't mind sizing it down but not the way he wants me to, im a nice guy try atleast saying hi. If you nicely request my sig might be to big and i'd probably adjust it. I care about not offending others, only if they feel the same.

Cool so already one person from San Jose with a bro and sis in SF, and someone from Sonoma. That's awesome maybe we could meet somewhere sometime!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Email Roger at BASC see if they have any events coming up
I wants to do a bay area dyno day..
I did when I requested membership last week he said nothing in the near future but I am more than welcome to upload some photos he would put on their website. I was so excited when I saw the car meet from 2008. The photos looked like a great event.

Sadly nothing planned this far I was hoping 2011 to be a great year maybe we could get something started whether big or small :)

Oh yeah P.S. I really want a demo ride in your 9-3 sounds like fun!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did when I requested membership last week he said nothing in the near future but I am more than welcome to upload some photos he would put on their website. I was so excited when I saw the car meet from 2008. The photos looked like a great event.

Sadly nothing planned this far I was hoping 2011 to be a great year maybe we could get something started whether big or small :)

Oh yeah P.S. I really want a demo ride in your 9-3 sounds like fun!
Nice that he got back to you. I emailed him about two weeks ago and never got a response. Who knows my email could have gotten lost in cyber space :rolleyes:

I too would love to make 2011 a great Saab year!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Nice that he got back to you. I emailed him about two weeks ago and never got a response. Who knows my email could have gotten lost in cyber space :rolleyes:

I too would love to make 2011 a great Saab year!
Cliff used to be Pres. he was better at emailing and sending out invites to everyone. Roger kinda had to take over when cliff left. im sure between the three of us we could get something rolling. i know a shop in Santa Cruz that has some cool saabs, but i dont really knw about north bay or north of SJ for that matter..

thers a couple other members on here in the bay area.
everyone else i believe is still over at saabnet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts