Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i cant alway make it out to the other side of the state, im think of planning some sort of meet around my area, possibly coinciding with an event at Beaver Run, the race course here. It would probably be early to mid june, cause thats when i finally have some time to do stuff. I just wanted to throw up that idea for anyone who is interested. I figured it is kind of a semi-central local, so we can maybe get some people here from the midwest, like ohio and what not.

If you are interested, post up, and we can decide on some more information

I am only 17, so any help from those who have set up events in the past would be much appreciated. But, this is something i would really like to be involved with and see happen

Brian

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
hmm, sounds interesting, especially if it involved some sort of track day :twisted: . cause by then i should have either a very well sorted fast c900, or a severely broken c900 :lol: but most likely the first one. and im always up for a drive. if you need any pointers, PM me.

Paul

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
i need money.... :lol: I can't drive far without that anymore it seems.... although - if they have non-pay first pumps I could get away with free gas for awhile :lol: :p

·
7,595 Posts
yeah, sounds good, I should be there. I need to start plaing / coming up with a date for my PA meet too. that's going to be in jan or feb. so no conflict there...

·
Registered
432 Posts
if there are a bunch of saabers who end up going, im definetly in.. dont know how far that is from me.. but.. whatever

·
Registered
432 Posts
b dash rian said:
its like 1.5-2 hours from frederick maryland i think
really, hell yea, then im definetly in. i was looking up where erie was and thats 5 hours away, thats why i was iffy about it

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok here are some ideas of things to do for the gathering

Beaver Run motorsports
http://www.beaverun.com/
Possibly have then set up an autocross for us and possibly have us set up a little car show there too
or have this co-incide with an event already scheduled for Beaver Run

Cranberry
Just north of me, about 20 minutes from downtown,
I will recommend a few hotels, contact them excetera

Roll-Out
We can all meet somewhere in cranberry and take some good fun backroads from there up to the race track

I was thinking of doing this stuff on saturday of whatever weekend we decide on, so on friday, we can have a roll out downtown. There are some touristy things that we could do downtown, then we could roll to the "waterfront" area for dinner. The water front has lots of places to eat, and lots of big open parking areas, and there is often something happening downthere, especially during the summer

post up if you have any more ideas for things to do

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I drive through the cranberry connector to get to the turnpike from 79 when I head home to Philadelphia...Will be doing it next week for thanksgiving break :D

I would love to go to Beaver Run for the track experience. Let's all just meet there and then drive down 79 into Pittsburgh later on.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
id be in if paul goes since hes from my area and i wouldnt wanna drive alone lol...ill be home all summer this year so...prolly couldnt do the track tho dont trust my car tho...im running out of money to do supporting mods around the power thats on the way :cry:

but yeah id be in

1 - 12 of 12 Posts