Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not specifically Saab but I just found out about a car meet that happens every Wednesday night in Quakertown PA, about 20 minutes from me. I'm going to check it out this wed (6/30/04) and if it's good I'll go every week. Hopefully more of you Saab drivers can join me. I know it's tough to put together Saab meets so these type of gatherings should be good at getting a few of us together every week or so. More info and directions here.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=930286

The meet is at NESTORS in Quakertown PA starting around 7pm.

Eric

·
7,595 Posts
well if I go, you are not following me cause I would be headed out from the 202&73 area (no where near home). could always meet out there.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
ok - so i wanna go - i'm coming from the Philly area basically... do I just shoot on up 309? or should I take 611 all the way? When do i "get off and turn" and where to - directions - i see it's in the Parking lot of NESTORS and near a Boston Market and a BK. But i need an idea more or less where that is... to ensure i get there of course 8)

EDIT:
I found this address for the Nestors place:
99 North West End Blvd
Quakertown, PA

also:
Nestor's new Quakertown store is located at 99 North West End Blvd. (Route 309) just North of the intersection of Routes 309, 313 and 663 in Quakertown, PA. The store is near this intersection on Route 309. Our Quakertown store hours are Monday through Saturday 10 - 9 and Sunday 12 - 5.

From Philadelphia and South: Use Northeast Extension of PA Turnpike (Route 476 North) to Exit 32 (Quakertown). After toll booths turn left onto Route 663 North. Continue for 3.3 miles until you intersect Route 309, turn left onto 309. Turn right at first traffic light (about 100 yards, at Boston Market) and you're here.

From New York and New Jersey: Use Route 78 West to Route 309 South (Exit 20). Follow Route 309 South 8.7 miles to Quakertown and we're on the left. Turn Left at the traffic light into Nestor's parking.

From the Poconos and North: Use Northeast Extension of PA Turnpike (Route 476 South) to Exit 32 (Quakertown). After toll booths turn left onto Route 663 North. Continue until you intersect Route 309, turn left onto 309. Turn right at first traffic light (about 100 yards) and you're here.

From the West: Use Route 78 East to Route 309 South (Exit 20). Follow Route 309 South to Quakertown 8.7 miles and we're on the left. Turn left at traffic light into Nestor's parking.

Still lost? Call for directions at 215-529-0100
so to check myself - i just take 309 to Quakertown, and turn RIGHT at the Boston Market (light) and that should be the place it sounds like. About 30 miles - so 30-45 minutes of driving ain't too bad - i better get gas later today :p

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a great time at the meet. Went down about 9pm and stayed for an hour and a half. About 40-50 cars and 80 people were there. People coming and going the whole time. No cops, everyone just hanging out, listening to music and talking about cars. Mostly VW there but a variety of others. I was the only Saab, we need to get more Saabs hanging out. My Saab got a lot of attention since no one had seen a modified Saab before. I parked next to a guy with a supercharged 2.8 Golf. He had one of those tiny sport bikes that he was riding around on. The meet starts around 8 pm and goes at least to 11 pm. I’m going to try and make it to the meet most weeks.
Eric

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
well DeLorean and I went to this meet - saw no ERP (we got there about 8pm left about 9ish) and i'll tell ya - never have i seen sooo many VW in one spot. Some of em had interesting parts and mods - others were just typical. The one thing i liked at this "meet" were all the nice looking girls walking around :p I need to get myself on of those to take to shows - promote saab a bit with an attractive girl. Seem they all hang around those Ricer Rocket Honda's and things - a few with the VW crowd, and clearly none with the only 2 Saabs representing :evil: So who has a hot sister in PA they wanna loan me? :lol: :p

Here are the pictures I took:

Classy hood prop.....

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got there after 9 so I must have just missed you. Some of the guy told me there were two other Saabs there but I didn't see them. It must have been you. This was the guy with the miny bike.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
yeah - that bike was really moving too. Shame we missed one another - next time we should try and cordinate better as to when to get there at. I don't plan to go every week - but if we can get a group of 4 or more Saab's together I'll go again. I'm just not a fan of all those VW's and Honda's..... once you seen em - there's not point to see em all again unless you go with a bigger group to represent. Ya know what i mean? :roll:

·
7,595 Posts
ERP said:
I got there after 9 so I must have just missed you. Some of the guy told me there were two other Saabs there but I didn't see them. It must have been you. This was the guy with the miny bike.

We saw that car take off under WOT. made some noise didn't seem to move nearly as fast as I would have thought :?

I for one could not beleive he PAINTED his battery top, coolant lids, PS fluid dip stick and a bunch of other stuff. :lol:

Fast VW? Isn't that an oxymoron? :wink:

Burns, next time bring the fox with a for sale $400 sign in the window. someone there will buy it for sure!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
there is a south-western PA gtg every tuesday, they are around in the pittsburgh area
its a "Euro" club, but most are vws, audi's and a few BMW's so if ya want a longer drive, c'mon over, ill be at a few of them
Crooked Euros

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll be in Pittsburgh this weekend but I think I'll be gone before tuesday.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
So what Saabs think they wanna go THIS Wed.? If there are enough Saab's willing to go (and can agree on a meeting time) I'll come down again.

Also - here's a link to a picture of DeLorean's Saab at the meet last time:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=930286&page=72

And a post near the bottom made by me to provoke a little rivalry . :p

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
So who wants to go this week??? I think the Saab's should meet up at the Walmart (or somewhere before the Nestors place) and line up - so we can all cruise in together - make our entrance in some style - show how we Saabs travel together 8) If we can get atleast 4 Saabs in on this it would be kewl. I will go and I'm sure DeLorean would again is ERP and someone else wants to do it. Post up and we can set it up. I keep harassing them on the VWFORUM :lol:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
ok due to the weather and a - Tornado Warnings Issued - facts - I will be staying indoors tonight and watching more of the VH1 "I love the 90's" only because I don't feel like getting wet.... :roll:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts