Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'd be very surprised if that worked, I'd imagine that the Sonett dash is narrower but you never know. I have modified a 95/96 dash before to accept a Sonett III gauge cluster. Here's a pic of when I had it in my '70 96:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I'd be very surprised if that worked, I'd imagine that the Sonett dash is narrower but you never know. I have modified a 95/96 dash before to accept a Sonett III gauge cluster. Here's a pic of when I had it in my '70 96:

. . . . :drools: . . . .

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks great.. Funny, earlier today I was searcing google for Sonett dash pics, and came across your photo on another site. I could see doing that to mine.

Part of what got me thinking is the fact that my dash needs help, especially a pad, Mine's toast. I do have a spare, but it's shrunk in age so rather than fork out big money for a new one I was trying to think of creative alternatives.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i have been thinking about it for some time now .i dont see any problem installing the entire dash.you would just need to trim the top to fit and make a bracket or two.you can find them on ebay often.i got mine with gauges for 60 bucks.Now all i need is a 96.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well if anyone is interested, I have that modified dash sitting in my basement, it would need to be repainted and there is no longer a dash pad on it. I also think black wrinkle finish would look nice. I'd be glad to sell it, PM me with an offer if you're interested.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sonett dash in a 96.

i dont have a 96 dash to compare but a sonett III dash[the one i have is from a 72]is 44 1/2 " wide.If the sonett is narrower,i think it is as well, could be a good thing,you wouldnt need to cut the dash to install a roll cage !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts