Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was messing with this kid from my school who has an eclipse and thinks that becuase he has 50 more HP his car is faster. I had already been doing some hard driving and beet a few mustang Gts :). So im racing this kid from a stop and when i go to shift into second it grinds, I was thinking what the shit ive never done this before.... what the hell is wrong with me. next night... I misshift agin... and it was not me. I had the clutch all the way in and i threw it into gear, but it still misshifted. This is my main problem with saabs, and the reason i want to sell my viggen. is there somthing wrong with my car? or do i just need to be easy on the trans? It only did that when it was hot and had been running for a long time. I really dont know alot about the trans so ive got no idea where to start to make it better. alittle help :)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Those are the EXACT same things that happend to me. I had missed a few shifts and I thought it was me, but ended up, my clutch was going out.

Also Saabs have a tendoncy to have a really loose shifter. For that I definately suggest getting a short shifter, as i never misshifts now, and its alot tighter.

Be carefull not to misshift too much, because you can blow a fork which will lock ur tranny up and u can't shift gears.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Smaart Aas Saabr said:
An eclipse has 50 more hp than a Viggen??!!
Maybe a modded GSX.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol it was highly moded......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts