Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you are looking at the front of your ng900, and you are looking at the lighting assembly on the right side of your car, it goes as follows, from left to right headlight-parkinglight/blinker-reverse indicator.

i am looking to make the reverse indicator into the blinker, and also have it come on and stay on when it's in reverse, and i'm looking to make the parkinglight/blinker combo into just a parking light, but as to wire it so both fillaments are lit so it's twice as bright, does anyone know the wiring diagram as to how to do this?

so when i'm done that same right side will go like this from left to right headlight-double bright parkinglight-blinker/reverse indicator

do you get what i'm saying??

so i'm just looking on how to do this, a wiring diagram, and if anyone has done this.

~justin

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I think both will be pretty easy to do.

I saw a tutorial for this before...on your current blinker there are two filaments...a high and a low. The low stays on, and the high turns on when blinking. If you switch the wires on the light, the high will stay on, and the low will blink when turning. In your case you'd want tap the low from the blinker, into the reverse light indicator.

So what will happen is as follows:

Parklight/Blinker will stay bright, and not blink.
Reverse side light will turn on when in reverse, and blink when turning.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, that's what i want, except i want both filaments to be on in the parkinglight/blinker bulb, i think what i have to do is take the wire that goes into the parkinglight/blinker that carries the signal for the higher filament out and splice that into the wire that leads to the reverse bulb so that can receive either a blinky signal or a reverse signal ( now if i spliced the wires like that, would the current reverse up the wire and blow a fuse?) and to make the parking light/blinker bulb have both filaments on all the time, is splice an additional wire into the low signal wire and make it go into the high signal wire which is normally the blinker wire.

my questions are, for the reverse bulb, with the new wire tapped in as a Y format, will the current possibly reverse up the other way? like, say with the Y format, the upper left wire will be the blinker signal, and the uper right will be the reverse signal, and the down part will go into the socket for the bulb. now, if i put it in reverse and current is coming down from the right and would it continue down to the bulb only, or could it possibly fill both wires(like a river going down stream, it fills every option) like, could the positive current travel back up the left side of the Y?? and head up to the blinker relay and fry it maybe?

questions for other bulb: now, for the parkinglight/blinker bulb, if i take out the wire for the blinker signal(higher current) and splice a wire into the lower current wire(parking light signal) and feed it into the socket for the higher current wire, the question is, can the wire originally designed for just the low current handle both the high and low current at the same time? without frying or melting anything?

here are two crappy drawings i did in paint lol, they show what i mean by the Y as stated above.

Burnsside42, i drive a 1997 saab 900s with the 2.3 and it's a 3dr if that matters, and it's a right hand drive (american way) also what is the bulb size off the parkinglight/blinker and what is the bulbsize of the reverse indicator, my haynes manual only tells me the wattage which can be a bunch of different things.

~justin

·
Registered
251 Posts
i want my headlights to tun off when i have my lights in the middle position, but i want to be able to turn on my fog lights still......wouldnt the dealer be able to program that with the tech II or is that not possible.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, i'm glad you guys are helping me :roll:

does anyone know if the ng900's blinkers use a relay or go through the ICE?

~justin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.