Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here's what stopped me:

yeah so to explain, i somehow managed to depress the clutch pedal a few too many times and pop the piston out too far, wedging it in place :shock: :oops: . this was the after pic, after i went at it with a dremel :D .

and some more misc pics

roof antenna (got sick of the power one breaking)

my perfect headliner (everyone get jealous :lol: )

the only component in my exhaust system a small resonator where the stock muffler was:

my boost gauge, and my not hooked up yet a/f gauge and my also not hooked up knock led:

i'm seriously thinking that these are too much for me

and i think thats about it.

Paul

·
Registered
584 Posts
Re: Some new pics of my car..AKA why i didnt drive it to twe

PaulH said:
yeah so to explain, i somehow managed to depress the clutch pedal a few too many times and pop the piston out too far, wedging it in place :shock: :oops: .
Dang, that's quite the accomplishment! :D The first time I ever replaced one I popped the new one apart trying to bench bleed it, but I've never seen one come apart while installed.

Nice car btw!

·
7,595 Posts
well it sure looks like it's coming along! your headliner looks just like mine 8) I think the headliner trick is to keep the car out of the sun as much as you can. heavy sun cooks the foam backing to the headlining and makes your headliner drop down. I always park mine in the shade and I still have my original paint and headliner, so that must say something :idea: Looks like you were having fun with that clutch... if you have not bleed it yet, you will have even more fun with that ;) you changed the trans, right? you get around to taking apart your old one yet? That's good fun.

Oh, also.. how's the exhaust sound in relation to mine? is it much louder? I think mine picked up an ever so slightly deeper tone after I put on the 2.1 head and intake.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the exhaust is weird, i dont think its much louder than yours was, but i think yours was deeper, honestly i liked yours better, i think the guy that did the exhaust used some relatively small tubing, but its better than the leaky one i had going before. the cat is also hollow so you can hear the turbo real good, if you listen carefully in 1st and 2nd you can hear when the wastegate opens wich is sweet :wink: .

yeah i didnt take apart the old one, i was too busy trying to get the new one in in time, but i'm pretty sure it was a fairly catastrophic failure, when it went i had to take off from a light in 4th gear from a dead stop wich was really fun :roll: . the only gears that still worked were 4th and reverse.

Paul

·
7,595 Posts
aah, yep it sounds like you blew up a gear cluster. what happens when you have a failure like that is the metal bits grind and spray up everywhere inside your trans case. either immediately or shortly after the failure, bits of metal end up in your selectors and make it so you can't shift :( in a pinch (broken down far from home) you can pull off the side cover, stick a magnet tool inside and fish out as many bits from the selectors as you can. this will usually at least get you some gears back. If you can only get into 4/R for example, you may get 1,2,4,R out of it then... I'm sure we both hope it won't happen again, but for the future, just in case, it's a good thing to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts