Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am sorry to those folks who like this car , I can't bring myself to like it , A saab should at least have a few things the same for us old saaber's . I don't want a subaru, honda, or toyota, with Saab badges. what about the world know saftey factor . But as from a mechanic prespective ($$$) maybe these will be money makers. as are the other japaneese vehicles . SAD very SAD :cry: [/img]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
When the WRX first came out, I was very excited...and then I sat in one. The interior of these cars, Saab or Subaru, is cheap cheap cheap and did I mention cheap? Don't get me wrong...these are fun cars to drive, but that's about it.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
7,595 Posts
have to agree with you on this one- that's just not a saab, it's a glitzy WRX. I always make the comparison that the Saab 92x is to the Impreza as the Cimarron is to the Cavalier.

well- not to worry. I can all but guarantee that the 92X will NEVER out sell the Cimarron @ 2500 some units the first year, and by year 3, they will have sold so few of them they will almost surely be discontinued in an almost Edsel like fashion :lol: :roll:

give it time...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,805 Posts
DeLorean said:
well- not to worry. I can all but guarantee that the 92X will NEVER out sell the Cimarron @ 2500 some units the first year, and by year 3, they will have sold so few of them they will almost surely be discontinued in an almost Edsel like fashion :lol: :roll:

give it time...
or maybe the Pontiac Aztek.. you hear they finally gave that heap the axe? bout damn time, guess that means there wont be a Saab variant of that thank god :roll: .

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,921 Posts
yes well we shouldnt push it away too much.... it is still sold by saab so we should be a little more open minded.... as i said in another post ther is an article in Eurotuner about the 92x and they have some good points that you all might agree with but well they are as fair as they could be... i will try and scan it on here...

saabsue you could have at least put up the turbo engine....!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
You can also open up super street or sport compact car (eurotuner's sister publications) and read a lot of rave reviews about the "92X". It's no secret that all of them love the WRX, and why wouldnt the 92X be the same seeing as it has the same powertrain? At least now you can get all sorts of japanese goodies for your "swedish" car... Maybe a sequential gearbox? that could be worth it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry , I am predjust, i'm not saying subaru's, are bad The old saying goes
"Subaru will get you through" :wink: . and they would but i am sad that saab has badged this car . I found this car on Ebay some crazy "buy it now" Price and i really had not seen any pic's , so i posted them . as for me and my house , we'll drive c900's and 93's thank you very much. but no thanks 92x.
going home in a Real Saab 85 900t 528k miles. now thats a car . :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,976 Posts
SaabingSue said:
sorry , I am predjust, i'm not saying subaru's, are bad The old saying goes
"Subaru will get you through" :wink: . and they would but i am sad that saab has badged this car . I found this car on Ebay some crazy "buy it now" Price and i really had not seen any pic's , so i posted them . as for me and my house , we'll drive c900's and 93's thank you very much. but no thanks 92x.
going home in a Real Saab 85 900t 528k miles. now thats a car . :D
I have to agree that I love the old school SAAB's and have an 86 C900 T16 myself that I love the hell out of along with my 2000 9-3 (oh wait Cavalier well who cares). I wish that SAAB had Saabized the car more prior to sale with something atleast like a center console key but Subaru said NO on that one. The only thing that will be good about the fact that the 92x is around will be the fact that it will keep SAAB alive for more years since a new audience will be looking at the car line for the first time. I do hear through the internal grapevine that SAAB will be allowed to have more say in its designs and platform in the coming future and may also have alot more to do with the other car lines designes as well (hence the ION Redline and Cobalt SS with the ECOTEC motors in them).

The 92x will also do one more thing for SAAB and that is give it exposure to the sport compact parts market and once that happens we may get lucky enough to ride the wave and get more parts made for the rest of the line as well. This could turn out to be a good thing for us even though it doesnt share the same blood as its humble beginings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
in defense they are tight handiling cars. they may be short on power in som cases. but not a baad car for. japan. anyway when is someone going the throw in a sti turbo ECU and IC ina a 9-2xand have a 300 hp awd saab (sorta).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
It will take a little more than that to get to STi levels, I'm a little more realistic and I'm shooting for 280-300hp at the crank, with more TQ downlow. I guess it all comes down to your opinion of Subaru, and to me, it's a company that has always impressed me. Don't forget for a second that in terms of total performance, a stock 9-2x aero will beat any other stock "saab" ever made (Yes a viggen will smash it from a roll). Also keep in mind that when it comes to tuning there is um...A LOT of support out there.
 

·
HNNLIC
Joined
·
4,209 Posts
That is kinda sad to put the same H-4 engine in a Saab, that has been I4 and V6 for the longest. I mean if anything use a V8 or Straight 6 or something I just don't understand the point of putting a Saab name on a Subaru. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Blaque_Out said:
That is kinda sad to put the same H-4 engine in a Saab, that has been I4 and V6 for the longest. I mean if anything use a V8 or Straight 6 or something I just don't understand the point of putting a Saab name on a Subaru. :roll:
i agree completely i dont mind them using the chassis or drivetrain or even the body. but please saab put in your own motor (the 9k aero 2.3t would work nicely :D :twisted: :twisted: )
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
7,595 Posts
I totally agree. I have a problem with saab just doing some minor cosmetic changes, and NO mechanical engineering of their own to a car- for all intents and purposes, just tossing on the badges. Now maybe if they had done something like designed a new V4-TT motor and done some serious chasse work, "Saab people" and regular buyers alike might be interested in buying this car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
It would have been cool for the car to have a saab motor, I'll take B234R with T5 engine management, but it's totally unrealistic to think they could have a traverse mount 2.0 or 2.3 in the space of H4 that's coupled to an awd system. It probably would have been easier to start from scratch in that case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,536 Posts
turbokick said:
in defense they are tight handiling cars. they may be short on power in som cases. but not a baad car for. japan. anyway when is someone going the throw in a sti turbo ECU and IC ina a 9-2xand have a 300 hp awd saab (sorta).
i think i read someplace that the sti has a different motor than the normal wrx (that would make sense i suppose) however, i also read that the new "big motor" baja and forester have the same motor as the sti with a different turbo and ecu, so just wait for some lesbian to wreck her forester (im sorry i had to) and get your sti motor from the junkyard and start from there. I have also seen and read about old beetles with scoobie motors in them, that would be pimp with the sti...... sorry that was really off topic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Chad W said:
It would have been cool for the car to have a saab motor, I'll take B234R with T5 engine management, but it's totally unrealistic to think they could have a traverse mount 2.0 or 2.3 in the space of H4 that's coupled to an awd system. It probably would have been easier to start from scratch in that case.
is that a bad thing :D
b dash rian said:
i think i read someplace that the sti has a different motor than the normal wrx (that would make sense i suppose) however, i also read that the new "big motor" baja and forester have the same motor as the sti with a different turbo and ecu, so just wait for some lesbian to wreck her forester (im sorry i had to) and get your sti motor from the junkyard and start from there. I have also seen and read about old beetles with scoobie motors in them, that would be pimp with the sti...... sorry that was really off topic
really i thought they were the same engine. still the WRX can still make lots of power for not much $$.
this is also off topic butwhen is saabs awd system comming out theve been working on it for years it had better be really good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
You buy the car that exists, not the one that you want to exist :)

The STi uses 2.5 liter engine, which is also built up a bit compared to the 2.0. It has a bigger turbo, a bigger intercooler, larger injectors and no cat inbetween the exhaust manifold and turbo, like the 2.0. One of the ways subaru was able to get over 300hp with the 2.0 was by taking adavantage of higher octane gas they have in Japan. For the sake of reliability, they went with more displacement, so that it could make the power even on californias 91octane urine. The other reason for larger engine is to homologate that torque monster into the 300hp limited WRC.

Many reviewers say that 2.5 liter STi's lack the nimble balance of the lighter (non-us) 2.0 versions.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top